Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy Adam

Hi boys and girls. I was going to get a triban 3 April time, but after reading these threads about btwin replacing and possibly downgrading the current model (panic mode) and the fact that they seem to come in and go out of stock quicker than you can say order more, I've been given the go ahead to order one now. Just wondering if anyone could help me with sizing. I'm 5'10 with a 30" inside leg looking at the 54/21,26in. Grateful for any help.

martin122

Regular
Hi boys and girls. I was going to get a triban 3 April time, but after reading these threads about btwin replacing and possibly downgrading the current model (panic mode) and the fact that they seem to come in and go out of stock quicker than you can say order more, I've been given the go ahead to order one now. Just wondering if anyone could help me with sizing. I'm 5'10 with a 30" inside leg looking at the 54/21,26in. Grateful for any help.
well im 5ft6 and I have got a 54 triban and fits perfect^_^

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
The best option (if you can) is to get yourself over to a Decathlon store and try them out for size. It also gives you the opportunity of having a quick blast round the store. (they're massive!!!)
Don't knock the clothing and accessories either. Some of it is pretty good stuff and very reasonably priced.

Oh, and don't forget to join the club (see link below) :thumbsup:

martin122

Regular
The best option (if you can) is to get yourself over to a Decathlon store and try them out for size. It also gives you the opportunity of having a quick blast round the store. (they're massive!!!)
Don't knock the clothing and accessories either. Some of it is pretty good stuff and very reasonably priced.

Oh, and don't forget to join the club (see link below) :thumbsup:
I never been to a store cos the nearest one to me is surrey, do you know what there padded shorts are like?

danjanoob

Hi, i'm 5'8 with a 32" leg. The 54 felt much too cramped with me. The 57 was much more natural and allowed me to stretch. That's what I'd recommend. The 54 made me feel like my knees could bump the handlebars. Glad i went and tried because everyone told me to get the 54.

Billy Adam

Hi, i'm 5'8 with a 32" leg. The 54 felt much too cramped with me. The 57 was much more natural and allowed me to stretch. That's what I'd recommend. The 54 made me feel like my knees could bump the handlebars. Glad i went and tried because everyone told me to get the 54.
That's food for thought Dan. I might have to go to the Southampton store at the weekend and try it on for size. Cheers.

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
they be them shims then!
The shims - 2 additional sizes came in with the DVD (as others have said you are not missing anything on the DVD except possibly how to change gear!). The shims are for putting in the top of the STI lever so they hold the STI lever closer to the bars for those having issues reaching the levers.

View attachment 18236

For those considering fitting the shim, there is a tiny 3rd shim inside which has to be removed first, so peel back the rubber hood, hold the brakes on (and make life easy by tying them on for the moment) and find the really small one...

Many, many thanks for revealing the secret of the funny plastic bits that come with the bike! Mine were tucked in the little plastic wallet that contains the CD. Been wondering what they were since I bought the bike.
Could you post it over on the other one please Emma. It will solve the puzzle for others too. :bravo:

Radchenister

Veteran

Interesting how different people like different sizes ... a mate of mine who I cycled MTBs with a lot a few years back, who was into road bikes well before I was, used to like a frame size that I thought was too stretched out - I think I like a compact set up but wouldn't say the Triban3 was all that compact ... horses for courses all this though and best try one in a store if in doubt.

Out of interest, how high are you setting the saddle in relation to the ruler on the seat post? Also, when riding normally, where does the straight part of the handlebar line up with in relation to looking down at the front hub? I am just interested to discover what ride positions people prefer.

Kookas

Über Member
Went out for a first spin this am, very good feel to bike - loads of fun. Decathlon seemed to set it up very nicely as the gear shifting was excellent, all I did was adjust saddle height.
(click pics for 2048px res)

8419192627_57209942ea_b.jpg
P1160190 by ao, on Flickr

8419191035_81402dd36c_b.jpg
P1160195 by ao, on Flickr

[ 8419196705_5d685e852a_b.jpg
P1160196 by ao, on Flickr
Yes, I left the brake QR up... when I taken the FW off earlier.

8419193913_4f0ddca2db_b.jpg
P1160192 by ao, on Flickr

8420294612_664afc5df5_b.jpg
P1160193 by ao, on Flickr

Aren't you even slightly worried that the light on the seatstay might get knocked or gradually vibrate its way into the spokes?

Top Bottom