Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Same wheels as mine. Looks great!

RS10's? I'm really tempted to get some from Ribble while they're offering 10% off for my triban 5.
I have them on my Cannondale. My dilemma is buy some more for my Triban or buy some mavic ksyrium elite s for my Cannondale and hand-me-down the RS10's to the Triban.

Kies

RS10's? I'm really tempted to get some from Ribble while they're offering 10% off for my triban 5.
I have them on my Cannondale. My dilemma is buy some more for my Triban or buy some mavic ksyrium elite s for my Cannondale and hand-me-down the RS10's to the Triban.

IMO RS10's are perfect on the Triban. It rides just as well as the Defy 1 on stock pr2's.
I would buy the elites for the cannondale and use the RS10' s on the T3

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I was in Decathlon yesterday looking at the tribans, nice looking both the 3 and the 3a but then by the time you fork out for the upgrades to be done, tyres and whatever else would it not just be easier to fork out for a better spec bike. How much would you expect to pay for upgrades? I don't do mechanics so it would have to be a lbs?

Kies

What sort of upgrades would you be looking at?

Lbs would charge £10-£15 to change your wheels (rear cassette).
Buying the 3 and upgrading the fork wouldn't be worth it,buy the Triban 5a

Acyclo

Veteran
Greetings fellow Tribanista's (red Triban 3). I wanted to do the headset at the weekend but I found I couldn't get the brake caliper off the forks. I took out the bolt at the back and I expected the caliper to come straight off. Am I missing something or is there a knack to it? Advice please.

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Greetings fellow Tribanista's (red Triban 3). I wanted to do the headset at the weekend but I found I couldn't get the brake caliper off the forks. I took out the bolt at the back and I expected the caliper to come straight off. Am I missing something or is there a knack to it? Advice please.

That's puzzled me. I've changed my callipers and they came out exactly as you'd expect. Undo the bolt which is located within the fork at the rear. Then easily pull out the front section of the calliper. Simples.
How old is your bike, is it possible its corroded onto the carbon fork. Does it need a little tap with the hammer?

Acyclo

Veteran
That's puzzled me. I've changed my callipers and they came out exactly as you'd expect. Undo the bolt which is located within the fork at the rear. Then easily pull out the front section of the calliper. Simples.
How old is your bike, is it possible its corroded onto the carbon fork. Does it need a little tap with the hammer?
The bike is 12 months old. I'll give the caliper a little tap down down the hole.

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Nice. I have those raceblades. I think they're great because you can remove and install the guards in minutes once you get used to it. Mine are on and off all the time to match the weather.
I also use a Garmin aswell, mine's a 200, very useful and gives you all you need.

bigup

Nice. I have those raceblades. I think they're great because you can remove and install the guards in minutes once you get used to it. Mine are on and off all the time to match the weather.
I also use a Garmin aswell, mine's a 200, very useful and gives you all you need.

yep i got the Garmin 200 aswell, pretty awesome,. i wish there was an option to view the time though whilst in ride mode.

Top Bottom