Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kies

hi, i need some help.

I want to buy Triban 5a but i don't know which frame size I should take.

I'm 6ft 1" and 33/34" inside leg, what you think, 57 or 60cm frame?
There is no decathlon in my town so i have to buy it online.

sory for my english ;)

I am 5ft 11 and found the 57 a little to small. The 60 a little to long, so swapped the 110mm stem for a deda 60mm stem. For your height the 60cm would be perfect with the standard stem.

rypepu6u.jpg

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
Nice looking T3 Kies.

What have you got strapped to your frame? Looks like a battery pack, is it for one of your lights?

Kies

Cree T6 battery pack.
Thinking about selling this bike as i don't use it enough and buying a folder which i will

hi, i need some help.

sory for my english ;)

H Well as I'm 6'2 and the same leg measurement as You I phoned decathlon and told them my Height and inside leg as I wasn't quite sure if I should get the 60cm the girl i shop to advised me to go for a 60cm frame. Which I did and found just right but be advised you will probably need to Adjust the saddle height and position rearward or forward In my case I had to adjust it back as have long torso as well.
Don't be afraid to adjust it until your happy with it and there are plenty of us here to help (yes far more experienced
than myself on here to advise you Hope it all goes well Post a picture of your bike when yo get it as we will all be glad to see yet another T3

MarkF

Guru
hi, i need some help.

I am the same size as you and bought the 60cm, I changed the stem like Kies did.

Doug.

Veteran
hi, i need some help.

sory for my english ;)
Pine.
Hello, I would buy the 60 c.m. frame.
I do not own a Triban but have only heard good comments .
They seem a good bike and very good value.
Regards
Doug.

pine

thank you guys for all your answers.

Two days ago I ordered Triban 5a with 60 cm frame.
hope It will fit well ;)

oiljam

Active...ish Member
thank you guys for all your answers.

Two days ago I ordered Triban 5a with 60 cm frame.
hope It will fit well ;)

Nice choice. That's what I have. You'll be really pleased with it, I am anyway :biggrin:

stevey

Guru
Once the car gets out of the garage me and the o/h are popping over to the local decathlon to have a look at road bikes for her.... maybe wed or thurs as she is fed up of trying to keep up with me...:bicycle:

RyanM

Had my Triban 3 white for just about a month now, and I am loving it. I actually like the look of it a lot better than the Red one, but the carbon fork would have been a bonus. Not too bothered though as I like the Microshift shifters alot better than the shimano ones, The shimano ones looked very awkward to change down when on the drops! I will just get some good handlebar tape to take the roughness out the road :smile:

I use it as my daily commuter, I have fitted a pannier rack, SKS Raceblades (silver, from Halfords as they didnt have the Black ones but were only £20) and RED pannier bags. It is a little heavy with all the extras I have fitted but still very fast!

The only issue I have had is having to fork out for a new rear wheel, I hit a recessed manhole cover on the road when a white van pulled out in front of me (bastard!). I am guessing the wheels aren't the strongest, then again it probably would have buckled any race bike wheel going over a pothole/manhole cover at 25mph lol.

The only issue I am having is I think the gears may be slightly out of index as they seem to rattle in some gears. I've already had it back at Decathlon once but the shop is 9miles away and I work crazy shifts so I haven't had the chance to take it back again - will probably just do it myself. Anyone have any good guides/videos that show how to properly index gears? Also are the Microshift gears the same as Shimano to set up?

Kies

YouTube gear indexing. It probably needs a tweak of the barrel adjuster on the rear derailluer.
Did you buy another Decathlon wheel :eek:
Should of taken the chance to buy something like a Shimano RS10 or Fulcrum 7 wheel set.

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Shimano RS10 at Planet X only £99/pair. I'm tempted myself.
One question on this. If I swap my cassette onto a new wheel, am I going to have to re-adjust my rear changer as it will no longer be lined up as before.
I'm ok doing the swap over but not confident in indexing the gears myself

Shimano RS10 at Planet X only £99/pair. I'm tempted myself.
One question on this. If I swap my cassette onto a new wheel, am I going to have to re-adjust my rear changer as it will no longer be lined up as before.
I'm ok doing the swap over but not confident in indexing the gears myself
Indexing gears is really easy, you just need to turn the barrel adjuster towards the wheel if the gears are slow going up and away if slow going down (i think, if not it's the other way). Just put the bike in a workstand, or get someone to hold the back wheel off the ground, and turn the pedals and change gear while turning the barrel adjuster. You'll probably find it will need less than half a turn one way or another.

pine

I've got my bike today!

I took it out of the box, quickly straighten the wheel and sat on it and I was like "omg. it's way too big!"
saddle height is ok, i can easily reach the handlebar and my arms are slightly bent but I feel a little uncomfortable -This is my first road bike, I've never ridden on it before, only mtb.

the saddle is at the same height as the handlebar is it ok? shouldn't be a few inches higher than handlebar?

Top Bottom