Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
Quick heads up people.
B'Twin launched their 2014 range of bikes at their Surrey Quays headquarters yesterday at a special press day. As invited guests, the Triban Owners Club forum were invited and represented by one of the forum members.
Read about the new B'Twin range http://triban3owners.freeforums.net/thread/2303/btwin-2014-range-hires-images

More info may be found in the Members area of the forum (obviously only viewable by members only!!!) :whistle:

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Just put some Rs10's on my Triban 5. They look well smart. The cassette change over went without a hitch but I've not road tested it yet. Cleaned it, lubed the chain, etc now I'm just waiting for a break in the rain.
If I carry on upgrading I'm going to need another winter bike...this one's getting too good ^_^
I'll post some pictures when it stops raining

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Just done 20 mile on my new RS10s and they are fantastic. I were a little sceptical that I'd see no difference but as soon as I rode up my street I could feel the improvement. They seem to glide! Best £84 upgrade I've ever spent. It's really difficult to stress how much better they are. If you're undecided on whether to upgrade, do it, you'll not be disappointed.

oiljam

Active...ish Member
rps20131026_160456.jpg
rps20131026_160316small.jpg
rps20131026_160426.jpg

Ok I agree, I'm the worst photographer ever. But I never did join cyclechat to show off my photography skills ^_^

Last edited:
Just done 20 mile on my new RS10s and they are fantastic. I were a little sceptical that I'd see no difference but as soon as I rode up my street I could feel the improvement. They seem to glide! Best £84 upgrade I've ever spent. It's really difficult to stress how much better they are. If you're undecided on whether to upgrade, do it, you'll not be disappointed.

so whats the improvement ? is it the bearings / hubs ?
£84 seems great value - point me in the right direction please :cycle:

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Just ordered some Fulcrum Racing 5s and If I read up correctly I can fit an SRAM PG850 11-28 cassette?

Also, should I change the chain?

Bikes only a week old btw

oiljam

Active...ish Member
so whats the improvement ? is it the bearings / hubs ?
£84 seems great value - point me in the right direction please :cycle:

Everything about them are better, bearings and hubs as you suggest but also weight and quality of rims and spokes. I also noticed an improvement in stopping power. Shimano wheels are no doubt an improvement over the b'twin wheels and will definitely roll easier which I describe as a gliding feeling.
I got them from Ribble where if you buy before 29th you get an extra 10% if you use code MOVE10.
Hope this helps ^_^

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong, line up the logo on the tyres with the valve.

Just ordered some Fulcrum Racing 5s and If I read up correctly I can fit an SRAM PG850 11-28 cassette?

Also, should I change the chain?

Bikes only a week old btw

I have the racing 7's with the same SRAM cassette (11-28) and yes you should change the chain normally. But given that the bike is only a week old, I fail to see the point of changing it, in terms of it being bedded into an old cassette - because it won't be. However it is your call on that one. I changed the chain because mine was worn out.

Top Bottom