Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oiljam

Active...ish Member
....and mine with the raceblades

qusytuqa.jpg

Kies

The race blades have two fork attachments each side? The mk2 only have one :sad:

oiljam

Active...ish Member
The race blades have two fork attachments each side? The mk2 only have one :sad:

Yes. With the raceblades, the actual mudguard doesn't go under the forks, just a metal clip. Then the blades slide into the clips. Same at rear. Easy. And the arms on the blades go through the spindles not onto the frame/fork.

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Just changed the tyres on my Triban 5 this morning. Geez those b'twin tyres are heavy. About 350/60g. Put on some continental ultra sport that I had laying around. I've ordered some folding gatorskins which I'm going to put on when they arrive which are even lighter and more durable. These will be about 220g.
Just been thinking about putting Sora brake calipers on aswell to replace b'twin ones. That way it will truly be a full Sora groupset. Not an expensive or difficult swap either.

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Here goes then. These are how the sks raceblades long are fitted to the Triban....and don't judge my photography skills.

Here you can see the metal clips that fix inside the brake calipers. These are the only bit that go under the brake so no rubbing or clearance issues.

vuterana.jpg

be5epy2u.jpg

6u7yta3u.jpg

Then you simply snap on the plastic guards onto these metal clips

a2ehy4u9.jpg

suhy6age.jpg

esasu6ab.jpg

ama4y5eg.jpg

Then it's a case of pulling out the spindle and pushing them through the eyes on the guard arms

5u6a3ehe.jpg

regyneje.jpg

It's all very simple. I've had the guards on and off quite a few times and they go back on easier each time. Due to experience I guess. You've no need to remove the clips from the brake calipers, they'll just sit there and cause no bother. And there was no cutting involved, in my case anyway.

And here's the bike fully guarded up

5avusade.jpg

Hope the pictures help, I know theres always lots of queries as to which mudguards fit the Triban or any bike really.
I would definitely recommend these sks raceblades long.

Kies

You appear to have more clearance under the brakes and tyre. The mk2's are moulded plastic, with no metal fixings. I may move them onto the sirrius as it has acres of clearance and look at the sks longs for the Triban

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Because the guards don't actually go under the brakes there are no clearance issues. The plastic guards sit in front of the block by a few millimetres really, this doesn't create any spray issues as the gap is tiny

oiljam

Active...ish Member
I fit Sora brake calipers on my Triban 5 last night. An easy swap over and only £26/pair. Not sure if they'll be any better than the b'twin ones.....but they look nice and they match :smile:

oiljam

Active...ish Member
How on earth do you take a picture of a brake caliper and make it look sexy? Here goes....

qyganevy.jpg

varamu5a.jpg

Failed at the sexy photo's but you get to see my upgrade. Hope you enjoy the photo's. B'twin brakes no more. Might just change the pads, dunno yet :smile:

Top Bottom