Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimmy jeepjeep

Have just replaced wheels with shimano r501 and all running gear with sora including brake /gear change levers
Bike running sweet as a nut. Had a prob with rear hub bearing that's what started me on upgrade bike has done all sorts frame forks super. Just one thing does not matter how careful you are still get scratches and scrapes anyone have the colour match for the red machine

Sent from my iPhone
On

JohnC60

How do you join triban 3 owners
Have had mine for 14 months and done about 5,000 miles.
Try here http://triban3owners.freeforums.net/

Kies

uploadfromtaptalk1379953261351.jpg

Winter bike complete with race blades.

Looks smart with the red stem, very nice
Should start up a Red Deda owners club:laugh:

6f0e787cf06ea38b27bfc8468a6e61f0_zps235a54e2.jpg

staff1975

Hi, I will be joining the Triban 3 club on approx 5th Oct 2013 as they are currently out of stock in my size with Decathlon and I've just received an email from them today saying they are expecting a delivery on 3rd Oct. I need a 63cm frame as I am 6ft 5 and 18 stone. I am actually only getting a Triban following a post I put on here asking for advice for a road bike around £300 and Triban seemed a very poular suggestion. I am pretty new to cycling so any advice would be very welcome re. any changes I should make to the bike , if any, since I am a beginner. I am making notes/reminders on my phone as I read through the posts re. possible changes/suggestions. So far I've got *Grease up bearings and *Bearings maybe set too tight. Will I need to take it to my local repair shop to get it set up or can I do it myself ?? I was also advised, due to my size I need a bike with a cassette hub NOT a threaded freewheel for back axel strength - can anyone confirm this has a cassette? I'm sure it will at the price. Also red or white ??

Kies

The red one is no longer sold, it was known as the T3 (red), because of your height you may be lucky. The new one, we call the T3a (white). The big difference being it was an aluminium fork,not a carbon one.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Hi, I will be joining the Triban 3 club on approx 5th Oct 2013 as they are currently out of stock in my size with Decathlon and I've just received an email from them today saying they are expecting a delivery on 3rd Oct. I need a 63cm frame as I am 6ft 5 and 18 stone. I am actually only getting a Triban following a post I put on here asking for advice for a road bike around £300 and Triban seemed a very poular suggestion. I am pretty new to cycling so any advice would be very welcome re. any changes I should make to the bike , if any, since I am a beginner. I am making notes/reminders on my phone as I read through the posts re. possible changes/suggestions. So far I've got *Grease up bearings and *Bearings maybe set too tight. Will I need to take it to my local repair shop to get it set up or can I do it myself ?? I was also advised, due to my size I need a bike with a cassette hub NOT a threaded freewheel for back axel strength - can anyone confirm this has a cassette? I'm sure it will at the price. Also red or white ??

Red if you can find it.

My advice, being of similar dimensions (6'8 and 20 stone when purchased) check the hubs. They are quite easy to do with YouTube beside you for reference. If not pop it to your local shop and ask for a hub service, this may work out cheaper because you need cycling specific. Tools. Which can be had for £20 from aldi at present.

I found the back wheel a little weak and I broke spokes quite easily. So a new set of high spoke count wheels will be a good upgrade. Although I got about 500 miles before first break so no rush.

The wheels are cassette type free hub.

I still love my t3 but have changed almost everything on it. Mostly through choice.

It will come set up ready to ride. But do get it back to them for service within 6 months.

Jonbek

I'm gonna have to get some mudguards for my triban soon, will they fit with 25mm tyres or am I going to have to put the rubbish standard 23s back on..or fork out for better 23s?

pine

hi, i need some help.

I want to buy Triban 5a but i don't know which frame size I should take.

I'm 6ft 1" and 33/34" inside leg, what you think, 57 or 60cm frame?
There is no decathlon in my town so i have to buy it online.

sory for my english ;)

Top Bottom