Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well done on your London Paris ride

thanks !!

I highly recommend it

Steve Donovan

My rear hub on my T3 is making a horrific noise, and it's only 6 weeks old and done circa 180 miles.

Taking it in to Decathlon on Saturday. They said they will more than likely just replace the wheel with it being so new.

I know the hubs are a common complaint on the T3 but has anyone else been unlucky enough to have problems so soon after purchase ?

Pieface

Had to sort out my rear derailleur as that was slipping a lot. Really was set up poorly the bike. Now all seems good though. Hopefully..

Steve Donovan

My rear hub on my T3 is making a horrific noise, and it's only 6 weeks old and done circa 180 miles.

Taking it in to Decathlon on Saturday. They said they will more than likely just replace the wheel with it being so new.

I know the hubs are a common complaint on the T3 but has anyone else been unlucky enough to have problems so soon after purchase ?

Took my T3 into Decathlon today to sort out my noisy rear hub. They swapped the wheel for me. Apparently the hub should have had 9 bearings in there but on dismantling at Decathlon mine only had 8, resulting in the nasty noise.
Took it for a spin around the car park and without the rear hub noise, I could now hear a weird whistling type squeaking noise coming from crank/BB.
After a hopeful squirt of grease around the BB with everything in situ, the squeak remained. Unfortunately I've had to leave it with them so they can repair/replace the BB.

My rear hub completely stopped working back in May and I got a new rear wheel. Now the new one is making a very strange noise and I am getting another new rear wheel.
How long before I have to get this one changed too I wonder?
I was talking to the guy in the shop and he was pretty scathing about the wheel quality.
I'm seriously thinking about getting a new wheelset.

Steve Donovan

My rear hub completely stopped working back in May and I got a new rear wheel. Now the new one is making a very strange noise and I am getting another new rear wheel.
How long before I have to get this one changed too I wonder?
I was talking to the guy in the shop and he was pretty scathing about the wheel quality.
I'm seriously thinking about getting a new wheelset.

How many miles has it taken for your hubs to fail Larry ?

Thinking about a wheel set myself, but I can't financially justify it yet as my bike is only 7 weeks old.

Steve Donovan

Same wheels I was looking at myself, but I'll hold off a little while yet.

Picked my T3 up from Decathlon workshop this afternoon. Squeaking BB was resolved by replacing the BB.

Now running like a dream again.

Steve Donovan

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375652950.105486.jpg

Some nice new Rubino pros - should offer me a bit more puncture resistance than the factory tyres.

Made a nice satisfying new 'squeak' as I wheeled it across the kitchen lino

Get some new rims and keep the other as spares thats what I did though I did get some Shimano R500 at a reduced price You can tell the difference in the hubs as the wheels are a lot more free and the bearings are really a lot better than the stock btwins ones But what did we expect for that price?

Kies

someone is offering me some FREE second hand (2012) 10 speed Tiagra shifters, can i replace the Sora 9 speed shifters on the T3 or would it mean changing the cassette for a 10 speed?
Is it worth me changing the triple set up for a 10 speed double and really setting this bike up for years to come as my winter bike (complete with black full length mudguards)

Steve Donovan

Only had my bike a couple of months so I haven't experienced a winter yet, but what do you guys do for tyres in the winter ?
(Snow/ice)
I'm currently running some Rubino Pro 3 tyres on 23C size.

Only had my bike a couple of months so I haven't experienced a winter yet, but what do you guys do for tyres in the winter ?
(Snow/ice)
I'm currently running some Rubino Pro 3 tyres on 23C size.

Personally i just take life more carefully, give myself more time, don't lean into corners, don't try braking around corners etc... pretty much the same as driving really... the T3 will only take upto 25c tyres, so forget dedicated winter tyres. I am on Schwalbe Durano pluses and last winter had no issues cycling on all but 1 day when the snow was that deep I needed my studded tyres on my mtb to get to college.

Top Bottom