Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phixion

May I ask, why is there such a big Triban 3 following as apposed to the Triban 7A?

The 7A has full Tiagra at only £599 which is a bargain, I know the Triban 3 is cheap, but for a few hundred more you get a much better groupset.

D

Deleted member 20519

May I ask, why is there such a big Triban 3 following as apposed to the Triban 7A?

The 7A has full Tiagra at only £599 which is a bargain, I know the Triban 3 is cheap, but for a few hundred more you get a much better groupset.

I'm guessing that it's because most people buy the T3 because it's just that, cheap. It's for people who are just starting road cycling and they aren't going to want to spend £600 on their first bike.

Phixion

OK thank you, I'm in the market for a flat bar road bike at the moment (boo hiss, I know!) and I'm looking at the Btwin Fit7, it really does look like it's a road bike with flat bars, Deore shifters and Tiagra everything else. I have a Decathlon nearby... I may go take a look.

It seems the Triban gets lifetime warranty whereas the Fit7 only gets 5 years on the frame, I wonder why that is :/

JohnC60

I think a lot of T3 owners are like myself, coming back to cycling after a long break (in my case 25 years), or beginners, and not wanting to splash out too much just in case they don't like it. I am loving it and it is the best £300 I've ever spent. The groupset and brakes are far superior to those of 25 years ago and I'm happy with them (not having experienced anything better from the modern era).
I've just upgraded the tyres after 880 miles and my next upgrade will probably be the wheels in September as a birthday present.
I'll continue to upgrade as and when components wear out.. Nearly forgot, upgraded to clipless at Christmas (another present)!

Phixion

£300 is a bargain for that bike, but try finding a road bike with full Tiagra for £600 (other than the 7A)...

Widge

Baldy Go
Is there anything better than the White triban (other than the red) available new for £300 ?

Well I've been looking around a bit...........................and

probably

No.

If you were in the market a year or so ago when Reds were freely available then..........definitely.............

No.

Other bikes are available,,,,,,they just cost a little more.

Steve Donovan

I spoke at length to a guy at Decathlon this afternoon and he rides a white T3 himself. He seems to think the shifters are easier to get the hang of than the red version.

Off to store tomorrow to look at a white one. I spoke to all 4 northern stores today and was advised that they may not be getting any more reds in at all.

Phixion

Doesn't the white one have Microshift components?

Even though the Shimano components are entry level, I'd stick with a trusted brand.

D

Deleted member 20519

Doesn't the white one have Microshift components?

Even though the Shimano components are entry level, I'd stick with a trusted brand.

Yeah, Microshift groupset. I've seen one of them in real life and it looked and felt plasticy, much more so that the Shimano groupo.

Top Bottom