Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Widge

Baldy Go
Ok, took off the plastic clear window, unscrewed the little screw, twisted the shifter which popped loose the plastic surrounding the red needle.
To move the plastic surround clear I had to loosen off the cable at the derrailier.

The vibrating buzzing culprit is a metal large washer thingy right on the forward edge.

It seems to serve no clear purpose, although I'm guessing it must do , so rather than glueing it I've just taken it out. It wasn't doing anything. V loose.

View attachment 24435

The above pic shows the washer sitting in place. Washer isn't really an appropriate description.

View attachment 24436

Here I've removed the washer.

I'll go out for a ride tomorrow. Im hopeful that this problem is now resolved.

So - how was it, stu? Has the buzz disappeared? Did your shifter fall apart without the mysterious 'washer'?

Do Tell?:hyper:

DudeManchoo72

Regular
This bike is a pleasure to ride! Further adjustments and lubrication done today, it's ghostly quiet, backed up by the startled expressions of people I catch and overtake. The hubs are holding out well since stripping and regreasing. Feel a bit hunched over when on the drops so am going to flip the stem to see how that feels. Later people. B-)

DazC

Über Member
Have any Triban owners upgraded the wheels to Fulcum Racing 7?

Wiggle currently have then for £118.99 and tempted to upgrade if there are some positive experiences.

D

Deleted member 20519

Wiggle currently have then for £118.99 and tempted to upgrade if there are some positive experiences.

I've got them on mine. They've been great so far, I've been using them for about 5 months now and they're still as true as the day I got them. Hubs are smooth, absolutely no complaints here whatsoever!
8601235886_10de619ff1_c.jpg

DazC

Über Member
I've got them on mine. They've been great so far, I've been using them for about 5 months now and they're still as true as the day I got them. Hubs are smooth, absolutely no complaints here whatsoever!

Excellent, good to see they are still running true, same cant be said about the original rear on my Triban. Look great too I must say!

I went with the fulcrum Racing 7 CX version. excellent wheels, rock solid (I take my T3 down some really muddy country lanes, just to get to my home and occasionally off-road as well, so decided to opt for the better hub seals of the CX version) - no regrets at all. the CX version is £127.66 on bike-discount.de (here) P&P was £5-6 and delivery inside 4 days from Germany. Mine came with a spacer that was needed for the freehub and an 8 speed cassette.

Wiggle is currently cheaper for the standard version of the wheels by a few pounds.

DazC

Über Member
I went with the fulcrum Racing 7 CX version. excellent wheels, rock solid (I take my T3 down some really muddy country lanes, just to get to my home and occasionally off-road as well, so decided to opt for the better hub seals of the CX version) - no regrets at all. the CX version is £127.66 on bike-discount.de (here) P&P was £5-6 and delivery inside 4 days from Germany. Mine came with a spacer that was needed for the freehub and an 8 speed cassette.

Wiggle is currently cheaper for the standard version of the wheels by a few pounds.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, sounds like I need to take a look at the CX version too. Sounds good that the wheels can handle a bit of off road, some of the lanes round here are not in the best shape and I do have a habit of just heading anywhere :smile:

Steve Donovan

I'm just getting into cycling and looking to get a T3 to commute to work in.

Obviously I've heard great things about the red version and I'd like to visit a Decathlon store this weekend with a view to bringing one home.

I live in Halifax, West Yorkshire, so I'm pretty central for accessing any of the northern stores (Stockport/Sheffield/Warrington/Bolton).

I'm 5'11 with an inside leg of 30. Would I be looking for a size 57 ?

If I can't get hold of one of the red fellas anywhere, what's your view on me bringing home one of the newer white ones ?
I don't really want to wait around indefinitely for a red one, I'd prefer to get a bike straight away whilst I'm so keen to get started again.

Thoughts ?

D

Deleted member 20519

White ones are a waste of time IMHO, massive step down from the red yet it's the same price. It's up to you though, ask the Decathlon guys for a test ride and see if you like it.

Havoc6

I'm just getting into cycling and looking to get a T3 to commute to work in.

Obviously I've heard great things about the red version and I'd like to visit a Decathlon store this weekend with a view to bringing one home.

I live in Halifax, West Yorkshire, so I'm pretty central for accessing any of the northern stores (Stockport/Sheffield/Warrington/Bolton).

I'm 5'11 with an inside leg of 30. Would I be looking for a size 57 ?

If I can't get hold of one of the red fellas anywhere, what's your view on me bringing home one of the newer white ones ?
I don't really want to wait around indefinitely for a red one, I'd prefer to get a bike straight away whilst I'm so keen to get started again.

Thoughts ?

I would say either a 57 or 60 I have got a 60 and I'm 6ft but I have had to get a shorter stem because I wanted to be a bit more up right. If you can sit on both in store and see how they feel.

I would say either a 57 or 60 I have got a 60 and I'm 6ft but I have had to get a shorter stem because I wanted to be a bit more up right. If you can sit on both in store and see how they feel.

same here - 6 foot on a 60 and put shorter stem on last weekend - numb wrists gone now :-)

Top Bottom