Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Widge

Baldy Go
Most easily available road bikes below the £300 mark tend to be heavy, over-geared with poor shifting systems, and poorly finished. With the odd exception or reduced 'blowout' price.
I'm thinking 'Viking' or MuddyFox or other 'supermarket' types here.
The white T3 still looks ok compared to most of these.
The Red was streets ahead in all departments - hence its popularity.

hth

w

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Hello learned friends....

I noticed this morning just below my stem my triban seems to have a seat post clamp holding the forks on....

Is this normal? Could you check yours please?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Duckehhh

So I was bored. So regreased My front hub. Easier than I thought it would be. I didn't need to open both sides of the hub as the Axel came out when one side was removed?

That's normal right?

D

Deleted member 20519

So I was bored. So regreased My front hub. Easier than I thought it would be. I didn't need to open both sides of the hub as the Axel came out when one side was removed?

That's normal right?

How did you do it? I've started using my T3 wheels on another bike and I'd like to know how to regrease them once they inevitably dry out!

Duckehhh

How did you do it? I've started using my T3 wheels on another bike and I'd like to know how to regrease them once they inevitably dry out!

Took out skewer, removed rubber cap, cone wrench on(Can't remember what size tbh, got one of the 4 size 13,14,15,16 spanners).
17mm spanner on lock nut. Once its unscrewed the bearings are there. Or along those lines.
I'll find out if i did a decent job on my way to work tomorrow if my wheel falls apart.

I'll try do my rear tomorrow but I really need to buy a new wheel set. My rear hub is giving me the same issue are the previous wheel they warranty replaced at my 6 month service. Occasionally losing drive for a fraction of a rotation.

D

Deleted member 20519

Isn't it false economy buying a £300 bike then spending £150+ on new wheels?

£110 for my Fulcrum 7's which are bombproof and I know will last forever. It's an optional upgrade.

Isn't it false economy buying a £300 bike then spending £150+ on new wheels?
not really. use the existing wheels whilst you establish the bike is fine for what you want. I did 2,500 miles on mine before replacing them. got fed up of needing to redo the bearings every 6-8 weeks (that 2,500 miles was in 6 months). As with all things, it is a case of wear them out, then replace and there is nothing stopping you taking the new wheels over to another road bike in future. I went with the Fulcrum Racing 7 CX's at £125.

Top Bottom