Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyoxon

Legendary Member
My bikes due for it's 6 month service (bought end of Jan). I wonder if it can be done while I wait, as I'm not sure I want to go down on consecutive weekends for drop off and pickup. No issues atm as far as I can tell. What have others done?

View attachment 24776
New T3 purchased today from Warrington Decathlon store.
Impressed with the bike, and impressed with the in-store service.

Really like the look of the red & black brifters. Might check out the Microshift ones since I'm getting irritated by the 2300s on my Red T3. :smile:

Duckehhh

Just did my rear hub. Was expecting it to be harder than the front. But pretty much the same. Apart from removing cassette. I can never seen to get the chain whip on the right way the first 50 tries.

My bikes due for it's 6 month service (bought end of Jan). I wonder if it can be done while I wait, as I'm not sure I want to go down on consecutive weekends for drop off and pickup. No issues atm as far as I can tell. What have others done?
I arrange for mine to be done whilst I waited. We went off and had a wander around some other shops for a while. Ring the store and speak with the manager. make the arrangements and if there are any issues with the bike (creaky BB or such like) let them know when you book it in.

D

Deleted member 20519

Six month service? I didn't get told about that, I've had mine for 10 months and it could be doing with a service!

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Six month service? I didn't get told about that, I've had mine for 10 months and it could be doing with a service!

ring them..... just say you need its first service but cant find the reciept..... i did.... got mine serviced 8 months in mechanic didnt even ask for reciept

Havoc6

If you have got a decathlon card they say that is your proof of purchase/receipt no need to hold on the paper bit.

Radchenister

Veteran
Yeah, consumer power, lie to the capitalist pig suppliers, power to the people ;) !

andyoxon

Legendary Member
OOI are the clearances for 25mm tyres any better on the larger frame sizes e.g. 60cm. Where are the main restrictions? The b'twin brakes? Not gone to 25mm yet, but think I will have to, to save being shaken to pieces on the roads here.

OOI are the clearances for 25mm tyres any better on the larger frame sizes e.g. 60cm. Where are the main restrictions? The b'twin brakes? Not gone to 25mm yet, but think I will have to, to save being shaken to pieces on the roads here.

yep - brake are the biggest issue, but I have 25c tyres on my 54cm frame and my OH as them on his 60cm frame without issues, so should not be a major problem for you if you don't have mudguards.

Top Bottom