Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Perfect, cheers mate

lux666

Hi, im new triban 3 owner :smile: i got it for 150£ second hand in very good condition. Because its my first road bike i have few qestions:
1. its 63cm frame (im 186cm) and ity feels ok. is there a point to change/modyfy it?
2. what is best tyres for commuting (puncture proof)?
3. what brakes should i buy? (standard ones are not the best; crank, swiss?)
4. what grease should i buy? ( LITHIUM EP2 ?)
Many thx for any help

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Hi, im new triban 3 owner :smile: i got it for 150£ second hand in very good condition. Because its my first road bike i have few qestions:
1. its 63cm frame (im 186cm) and ity feels ok. is there a point to change/modyfy it?
2. what is best tyres for commuting (puncture proof)?
3. what brakes should i buy? (standard ones are not the best; crank, swiss?)
4. what grease should i buy? ( LITHIUM EP2 ?)
Many thx for any help

1. 63 my be a little big.
2. Schwalbe lugano
3.http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=55815 although out of stock can still be found elsewhere under £10.
4. Any grease will do, i use car bearing grease

montage

God Almighty
If anybody notices any triban 3 frames for sale (with or without forks) in sizes 60/63cm plus please let me know!
I'm on the hunt for a machine that will perform well and take mudguards + rack in the winter, and this fits the bill! Hard to source just a frame though Thanks!

DudeManchoo72

Regular
Just read this months cycling active magazine.....they review the triban 7.......although they keep mentioning the red triban 3 again they loved it so much......they also make reference to the owners club forum aswell.....we're onto a winner!

D

Deleted member 20519

I'm still getting a clicking noise from my left crank, anyone know what I should do next? I've taken the pedals out and greased the threads and it seems to go away for a few miles and then it's back again.

hi all.
Im just in the process of fitting new SRAM PG850 11-28 cassette to a shimano R 500 new wheel and on tightening the cassette locking ring see that some of the sprockets are still slightly moving? Is this perhaps because they are not seating correctly upon the next sprocket .i.e the bigger ones further away from the locking ring I was advised that I would not need any spacer on equiring when buying the wheels and the locking ring does seem to be gripping slight Help any one please as I have to fix these as yesterday when out broke a spoke on the T3 and now have a bad twist in the old Triban wheel rim which I will have to get fixed (as not sure I am up to the task of wheel truing) It a good job I got the new wheels when I did as if I can get this cassette on the new wheelset I will be off riding again.

Billy Adam

I'm still getting a clicking noise from my left crank, anyone know what I should do next? I've taken the pedals out and greased the threads and it seems to go away for a few miles and then it's back again.
Hi jaz have you tightened the crank on the BB.

Billy Adam

hi all.
Im just in the process of fitting new SRAM PG850 11-28 cassette to a shimano R 500 new wheel and on tightening the cassette locking ring see that some of the sprockets are still slightly moving? Is this perhaps because they are not seating correctly upon the next sprocket .i.e the bigger ones further away from the locking ring I was advised that I would not need any spacer on equiring when buying the wheels and the locking ring does seem to be gripping slight Help any one please as I have to fix these as yesterday when out broke a spoke on the T3 and now have a bad twist in the old Triban wheel rim which I will have to get fixed (as not sure I am up to the task of wheel truing) It a good job I got the new wheels when I did as if I can get this cassette on the new wheelset I will be off riding again.
Hi Antnee have you tightened the lock ring up fully, if yes you may need a spacer.

Hi Billy no I hadn't, I went back out side to garage and gave it some wellie! and its well bedded in now I know what I should have done that get a new chain But thats no problem but its on the must do list.
Thanks for your help. I got black and red vittorio tyres on the new rims as well so when I have the original T3 wheel tured and with all the spokes will have two sets And will see just how I get on with the SRAM 11-28 cassette. Regards to all

johnnyh

Veteran
My lad is now the proud owner of a T3 in red, but having hell of a job getting the triple set at the front so it doesn't rub. I seem to be able to get the large chain ring and small rear cog free of rub, or the small chainring and large rear, but not both - driving me nuts and glad I ride a compact :smile:

Anyone have any tips?

johnnyh

Veteran
Poor kid is only 12, and it bugs him a bit, saying that he rides a good 30 miler and spins away on the turbo.

Half tempted to move it to a compact with a 12-28 on the rear, but it must be achievable as a triple, even if the answer is a better from derailleur.?

Top Bottom