Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DelB

Swissstop brake blocks arrived this morning from Wiggle, after ordering them at 10pm on Wednesday - Very impressive service! Should get them fitted tomorrow. :thumbsup:

G3CWI

Veteran
DelB I am sure that you will like the Swisstops. They have turned my riding from scary to fun. I live in a hilly area and stopping is high on my list of priorities.

Kies

In the city right now. Triban rear wheel and rs10 rear are in the car. Once i finish a short walk to evans anf cycle surgery near shoreditch.
What sort of price should i be paying for a chain whip and cassette removal tool?
Might treat the Triban to some red luganos if they have them in stock :smile:

danjanoob

Well i got my new tape and tyres fitted and im really pleased with the results! Let me know what you all think...the bar tape was my first go and so isnt perfect, but at only £8 it can be replaced without worry. The tyres look promising, and will be riding tomorrow so will come back to review.

8622997444_278e6221b1_b.jpg
IMG_1009 by danjama, on Flickr

8621893471_f04fda8976_b.jpg
IMG_1011 by danjama, on Flickr

8622996652_cbee5bdb2b_b.jpg
IMG_1013 by danjama, on Flickr

The tyres were very difficult to fit though, IMO. Punctured one of the original tubes.

One thing, after changing the rear tyre and putting the wheel back on, the chain seems very noise. Not sure if im just imaging it, but is there something i could have got wrong or can check? It sounds like the rear...

Billy Adam

Well i got my new tape and tyres fitted and im really pleased with the results! Let me know what you all think...the bar tape was my first go and so isnt perfect, but at only £8 it can be replaced without worry. The tyres look promising, and will be riding tomorrow so will come back to review.

The tyres were very difficult to fit though, IMO. Punctured one of the original tubes.

One thing, after changing the rear tyre and putting the wheel back on, the chain seems very noise. Not sure if im just imaging it, but is there something i could have got wrong or can check? It sounds like the rear...
Looks cool dan

DelB

Not my cup of tea, sorry, but certainly distinctive and if you like it, that's good enough for me. :smile:

danjanoob

Cheers Billy, no worries Del, it wont be to everyones taste. I love a lairy scheme though.

Wonder if i could rotate the tyre so the writing is lined up with the valve, without taking it off of the rim...

danjanoob

Perhaps (you can on a MTB - not deflated the roadie yet).

Git, youre the reason its now bugging me :gun::laugh:

Radchenister

Veteran
Well if you're happy going through life with compromised values then that's fine, each to his own - whilst I was helping you with your education in order to join the Velominati, it's understandable that not everyone is cut out for this cycling lark and if this is how you repay me, then so be it - I am above being concerned about it anyhow ;) !

danjanoob

Well if you're happy going through life with compromised values then that's fine, each to his own - whilst I was helping you with your education in order to join the Velominati, it's understandable that not everyone is cut out for this cycling lark and if this is how you repay me, then so be it - I am above being concerned about it anyhow ;) !

Well, when you put it like that :cheers:

andyoxon

Legendary Member
Would it help ('newcomers') if people post some summary facts about their T3 history..? Anyway mine:

T3 bought Jan 2013.

More major maintenance/DIY:
Lithium grease front and rear wheel hub bearings & adjust.

Kit change/upgrade:
Brake blocks: Clarks 55mm multi-compound. £8.99 for 2 brake blocks and two spare inserts. Seem great. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=55815
Pedals: Shimano SPD m520. Excellent.

Upgrade to follow at some point:
Wheelset - probably Mavic Aksium. When the need arises.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Which one of you lot was going passed Frank F Harrison school near bloxwich at about 10 this morning?

They said hello so loud as they went by i nearly fell off.

And it doesnt count as a scalp as i was just warmin up... And yes, I am sticking to that!!!

Top Bottom