Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
These are now sold out on this site unfortunately but available elsewhere. Do these pads fit into the T3 brake blocks without modification?
Yes. Undo and remove existing cartridge, remove screw, slide out old block, slide in correct letter of new one (left or right - they are clearly marked), put in new screw, put brake block pack in place. remember they need to bed in, though some people simply take a little sand paper to the block & clean up their rims - I didn't bother.
Just bought these Swissstop pads on Wiggle, for £22.49 including free postage. Hoping they are better than the standard spec pads which seem to be made of cheese. :ohmy:
Much better. Mine have been on my bike now for +3,000km and are still going strong and I can out brake my OH on his T3 by more than 10m in the wet, which is worrying me regarding my OH's safety who is still on the original blocks and does not want to change!

I saw these on Wiggle too but am not sure whether I need the rubber pads only or the entire brake blocks. Are they compatible with the blocks on the T3?
They use the same blocks and just slide in (though 1 of mine was exceptionally stiff to get in & out and needed a little subtle persuasion) and screw into place.

Fubar

Guru
Just seen this thread, I too am a T3 owner and have been for approx 1 year - all I've changed is the pedals (immediately) and the tyres (once I noticed cracks developing in the originals!) and fitted Crud Roadracer mudguards - was fed up getting a wet erse!

G3CWI

Veteran
Ha! 11 miles of the hilliest hills was required. I even cycled up Beeston Brow to give me the opportunity to come down it. The combination of cross levers and swisstops worked really well. For the first time I feel confident coming down hills on the T3. I am pretty certain that this will improve my overall speed as I wont have to ride the brakes. I can also decelerate easily while signalling turns - that's nice too.

10 miles 1300ft ascent (and 1300ft descent of course)

Swissstop GHP II Flash Pro Road Bike Brake Pads - Green - they have been on my T3 for around 3,250km (through winter) now and there is still at least 1/2 of that left in them yet. Stopping power in all weather is excellent (ps - they don't look green so it won't clash!). They are pricey at £24.95 but that includes P&P and they will give you plenty of confidence you are going to stop once they bed in.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swissstop-Flash-Pro-Road-Bike-Brake-Pads-Shimano-Green-/360581873471?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid=111000&algo=REC.CURRENT&ao=1&asc=14&meid=6628221292135703703&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=360581873471&[/quote]

Thanx sat nav have just orderd mine ;)

Kookas

Über Member
Anyone else had trouble with the cranks slipping? I haven't done nearly enough miles to have worn my drivetrain, and in any case can't afford £60 for it.

Although saying that, that is probably just an extortionate LBS price. I can see 8 speed cassettes online for only £20. Anyone know what cassette is on the T3?

Phred1812

In what way are they slipping Kookas? I had a problem with a bit of movement of one crank on the spindle shortly after buying the bike. All I had to do was tighten up the bolt that secures the crank with an Allen key. I have had no problem since.

Kookas

Über Member
In what way are they slipping Kookas? I had a problem with a bit of movement of one crank on the spindle shortly after buying the bike. All I had to do was tighten up the bolt that secures the crank with an Allen key. I have had no problem since.

The crank will occasionally go round half a turn without actually turning the back wheel, which sounds different to what you had.

Could it be an issue with the notorious freehub on these stock wheels?

Norry1

Legendary Member
I'm thinking of getting a Triban for my daughter. Can anyone advise what the difference is between the Triban 3 Red and the Triban 3 white

.... apart from the colour and £20.

Thanks

Phred1812

I'm thinking of getting a Triban for my daughter. Can anyone advise what the difference is between the Triban 3 Red and the Triban 3 white

.... apart from the colour and £20.

Thanks

The principle difference is that the white one does not have carbon forks. It also has different gear shifters. There has been a lot of discussion on this forum concerning this topic.

snailracer

Über Member
Hub post
Rear had been over tightened and took some effort to loosen everything. Bearings ok but damage on the cone. Bit light on grease. Took it all apart and cleaned and regreased and its running ok, much better than previous. That cone damage concerns me though but they are 20 quid wheels so I will replace when they don't work...
Only the side of the cone facing downwards gets pressed against the rotating cup in the hub. You could mark the worn segment of each cone and rotate the axle so that segment does not face the ground when you clamp the hub into the frame. This will minimize any further damage the worn segment of the cone might do to the cup.

Top Bottom