Tour de France 2024 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
What happened to the unwritten rule that intermediate sprint points and the combative jersey and associated financial rewards, as well as the minor teams and TV time meant that at least one person was obliged to make a break and stay out there for most of the stage?

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
They have just played the French song " Comme d'habitude " which is the original melody that became My way. Not many people know it is actually a French tune.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I like the cut of de Lie's jib
Although he has been close to the win in some of the sprints so far at the 2024 Tour – he was 3rd in Turin and Colombey-les-Deux-Eglises - the Belgian champion is not impatient and was expecting a lively day this morning: “You’ve also got to have fun on the bike, and that’s what I’m doing here on the Tour de France. It’s my first experience and it’s pretty special to be here living it. Every stage is different and every day I’m enjoying myself. First of all it would be very satisfying just to be there for the sprint, because there’s a risk of echelons today. If I can even get closer to victory that’d be great. I’ve had two third places, why not come second today and then we’ll think about a win.”

From the TdF site

Jameshow

Veteran
You'll have to excuse me if I don't join in the adulation over Sunday's stage. I mean it was OK... There was a bit of minor GC attacking that was very easily controlled by Vingo. Stuyven's will-he-won't he escape and chase followed by the sprint was good. Vingo had to ride someone else's bike. Oh, and there was gravel and dust everywhere. But I wouldn't put it in my top 4 stages so far this year.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not opposed to gravel and cobbles in GTs - I just think that Sunday wasn't anything particularly special. Dan Lloyd was having kittens about it on GCN and he knows more than I do so I guess I should have been more excited.

I don't mind any stage if it's interesting,!

Sprints can be really boring obvs

But do can climbs where there is a team controlling till 500m and pog goes off the front.

TT can be interesting when an outsider holds the hit seat for ages!

Gravel tends give a bit of excitement due to the unpredictable nature of it.

Anything is better than England football though!! 🤣🤣🤣

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My only exposure to the foopball so far has been when someone on the train on Saturday put the penalty taking bit on speaker on their phone.

It was quite exciting, in a not very exciting kind of way.

Reactions: mjr

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I don't mind any stage if it's interesting,!

Sprints can be really boring obvs

But do can climbs where there is a team controlling till 500m and pog goes off the front.

TT can be interesting when an outsider holds the hit seat for ages!

Gravel tends give a bit of excitement due to the unpredictable nature of it.

I rather enjoy football if I feel I have a "stake" in it (admittedly Everton and England don't tend to get the pulse racing very often :smile: ), plus football played in the summer is always a bit exciting. I dislike TTT a lot, since it isn't really any measure of an individual riders ability other than being able to keep up :smile:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My only exposure to the foopball so far has been when someone on the train on Saturday put the penalty taking bit on speaker on their phone.

It was quite exciting, in a not very exciting kind of way.

when i had my operation everyone that was attending me kept asking about the wendyball , nope !!

Top Bottom