Tour de France 2024 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Really enjoying the tour this year. Yesterday was the first day I fast forwarded to the sprint. The subplots between the top three or perhaps four are fascinating. ITV4 is doing a great job, so much more than the Eurosport offer. I’m a big fan of Gary and Ned and like the variety, it’s a nicely balanced highlights show,

Mike_P

Guru
Really enjoying the tour this year. Yesterday was the first day I fast forwarded to the sprint. The subplots between the top three or perhaps four are fascinating. ITV4 is doing a great job, so much more than the Eurosport offer. I’m a big fan of Gary and Ned and like the variety, it’s a nicely balanced highlights show,

ITV4s highlights show is always far better than Eurosports poorly edited offerings although they did manage to put a better highlights program out on ultra low res DMax for the Giro. Live Discovery + wins through the lack of adverts.

biking_fox

Guru
Does this count as a mountain top finish or not? It goes uphill to the line, but isn't a summit?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
There are 8, 5 and 2 bonus seconds on the last big climb, Col de Pertus (Cat 2), 14k from the end.

Don't know what, if any, influence that will have on the racing.

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
Vingegaard: 'We have a plan for today, but I'm obviously not going to share on live TV'. Did add that they of course won't be opposed to a big break going and removing bonus seconds on the line.
Meanwhile...
Interesting inside news from DS Stig Kristiansen delivered to Norwegian TV2 before the stage:
WVA has been messaging Magnus Cort, to form some sort of an alliance for the break today.
Now all I have to do is find a way to get out of working 😁

Top Bottom