Tour de France 2024 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
That's outrageous. Phillipsen should be relegated!

I can't give you the exact reason right now because I'm on the train. But once I've got home and seen it I'll make something up.
Phillipsen should be relegated for making Girmay put Ackerman almost into the barriers(!) 😉

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
and why do you call it wendyball ? What is wrong with football - it is common usage and everyone will understand what you mean
I believe it's a sexist insult about how easily football players claim to be injured during their brief exertions, compared to our heroes who race for hours and push on through minor injuries like broken ankles, or famously "just a small hole in my head".

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I believe it's a sexist insult about how easily football players claim to be injured during their brief exertions, compared to our heroes who race for hours and push on through minor injuries like broken ankles, or famously "just a small hole in my head".

I see, but footballers play on through injuries too - a goalkeeper with broken neck springs to mind

Reactions: mjr

Alex321

Guru
But that is part of the modern game ... but never mind, thanks for explaining the sexist use of the word

Sexist and very childish.

Adam4868

Guru
Netflix season 3....let's av it 😂
"Wout says he hasn't received a personal apology from Jasper and Jasper has refused to talk to him since he boxed him in. Wout says that on saturday he tried to chat with Jasper in the bunch but Jasper clearly didn't want to talk."

Alex321

Guru
actually the term comes from rugby and their view of it , if some people are that easily offended by the term maybe they have deeper issues that need resolving .

It doesn't matter where the term, comes from, it is still sexist. In fact probably more so with that source, it is them basically saying "men play rugby, football is only for girls".

And IMV, rather childish, feeling the need to use derogatory names just because you don't like it much.

Chislenko

Veteran
I see, but footballers play on through injuries too - a goalkeeper with broken neck springs to mind

There was also I recall during the 66 World Cup a Hungarian chap who broke his collar bone during a game and played on with his arm in a sling.

Obviously before the days of mass substitutes.

Top Bottom