Tour de France 2024 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Feck.....Vlasov out of the Tour with a broken ankle....big loss for Bora and Rogla !

Damn. He catapulted into the ditch, didn't he. Looked a bit concussed but I don't know if that was ever a real issue.

Adam4868

Guru
Damn. He catapulted into the ditch, didn't he. Looked a bit concussed but I don't know if that was ever a real issue.
He did have a bit of a dazed look and bloody but was limping ...even back to the team bus he looked fecked !

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
You'll have to excuse me if I don't join in the adulation over Sunday's stage. I mean it was OK... There was a bit of minor GC attacking that was very easily controlled by Vingo. Stuyven's will-he-won't he escape and chase followed by the sprint was good. Vingo had to ride someone else's bike. Oh, and there was gravel and dust everywhere. But I wouldn't put it in my top 4 stages so far this year.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not opposed to gravel and cobbles in GTs - I just think that Sunday wasn't anything particularly special. Dan Lloyd was having kittens about it on GCN and he knows more than I do so I guess I should have been more excited.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
All a bit staged though. I mean I like Pog, but there is no need to do this to try and make him even more a man of the people ...

That was actually take 3. The first two kids crashed horribly during the attempted handover.

You'll have to excuse me if I don't join in the adulation over Sunday's stage. I mean it was OK... There was a bit of minor GC attacking that was very easily controlled by Vingo. Stuyven's will-he-won't he escape and chase followed by the sprint was good. Vingo had to ride someone else's bike. Oh, and there was gravel and dust everywhere. But I wouldn't put it in my top 4 stages so far this year.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not opposed to gravel and cobbles in GTs - I just think that Sunday wasn't anything particularly special. Dan Lloyd was having kittens about it on GCN and he knows more than I do so I guess I should have been more excited.

You can't force someone to like something, or be excited about it, so I greet your post with an indifferent 🤷‍♂️

But as Dan Lloyd is generally the most calm, laid-back guy in current racing coverage, I'd say he's a good barometer of excitement. Or kittenometer?

Speaking for myself, I turned on live coverage with 123km to go and was immediately sucked in. It was all action. I've never been excited with 123km to go.
Arguably the highlights lost a lot of interesting detail.

You should ask them for more ITT stages next year. Or maybe a TTT?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Arguably the highlights lost a lot of interesting detail.

You should ask them for more ITT stages next year. Or maybe a TTT?

I didn't see the highlights, I watched the whole thing live (from about 30 mins in I think))

Not sure what ITTs have to do with it. Unless you're creating a bizarre straw man that if I didn't find this the most exciting stage ever, then I must love ITTs. Is that it?

Top Bottom