Tour de France 2024 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think it's highly likely that he'd've been happily retired for a few years by now.

Ah, I see you're speculating too:okay:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I'm waiting for Godon ...
I think Godot will arrive before Godon wins a GC sprint...
1720096580188.png

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I was joking. I really couldn't give a toss. I was just surprised that you did on an innocuous conversational comment of mine.
Enough now.
Ah OK. Well explained.

To be fair, I picked up your comment largely as a means of leading into the more consequential points I went on to make. No-one's commented on them though :sad:

After all the excitement of yesterday, the start point for the stage, Saint Jean de Maurienne is a brilliant base for cycling. You have so many big TdF climbs in close proximity (Glandon, Madeleine, Croix de Fer, Telegraphe, Galibier, Toussuire and the epic Lacets de Montvenier), I'm thinking of going back!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Some of the opinion pieces following yesterday's events have rightly highlighted his longevity, itself a by-product of the interrupted latter part of his career. Sometimes things work out for the best.

yes the old enforced or selected rest to prolong your career.

Some people ask me why I'm still playing league hockey in my mid fifties, and I explain that I had quite a long break from the sport and only went back to it once the kids had grown up a bit and I had a bit more time.

They listen and nod, and then say yes I get all that but why are you still playing because you're old and shite. :laugh:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
After all the excitement of yesterday, the start point for the stage, Saint Jean de Maurienne is a brilliant base for cycling. You have so many big TdF climbs in close proximity (Glandon, Madeleine, Croix de Fer, Telegraphe, Galibier, Toussuire and the epic Lacets de Montvenier), I'm thinking of going back!

Great for skiing too. We spent a Christmas a few years ago at Saint Sorlin d'Arves and that whole area is great and delightfully not full of Brits.

Top Bottom