Tour de France 2024 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It so very nearly wasn't No 35, I've just been shown a tiktok clip, just as he sits up and celebrates, Cav rear derailleur went pop!

Adam Blythe on Eurosport said that was normal. He explained it as the reaction of the drive train to going suddenly from 1000+ watts at 110 rpm to 0 Watts at 0 rpm.

Alex321

Guru
He swayed all the way to the left barrier, blocking the riders behind him, which had to brake/evade and ment Pedersen got squezzed into the barrier (less than 2 bike lenghts behind Cav). There was plenty room for Cav without that big sway!

Watch it again.

You certainly need to.

Pederson was more like 20 bike lengths behind than 2 when he hit the barrier, and several seconds after Cav had swing across a completely clear road.

There is no possibility that Cav's riding had any influence whatsoever on Pederson's crash. It wasn't even visible in the overhead shots.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
You certainly need to.

Pederson was more like 20 bike lengths behind than 2 when he hit the barrier, and several seconds after Cav had swing across a completely clear road.

There is no possibility that Cav's riding had any influence whatsoever on Pederson's crash. It wasn't even visible in the overhead shots.

I have to go with you on this one , the guys behind cav did not need to brake and if they had the oomph and time they could have used Cav as a leadout as although he was did go in front they were not forced off their line

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I have to go with you on this one , the guys behind cav did not need to brake and if they had the oomph and time they could have used Cav as a leadout as although he was did go in front they were not forced off their line

Yes, no braking or change of direction forced by Cav, nor indeed by Phillipsen who was on Cav's wheel, and they were actually opening a gap so no braking. Problem was other riders in the group behind went left, incuding the EF rider following Phillipsen. That's where the chain of events started that resulted in MP going down.

Adam Blythe on Eurosport who knows rather a lot more than any of us could see the complaints coming and pointed out also that Cav shoulder checked before he moved over into space.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
On about my tenth watch of the final sprint I spotted the Cofidis rider literally bunny-hop Pederson on the floor! Oh my word!! Apparently it was Axel Zingle! Chapeau, man!

No idea if the link will work but let’s try! It’s def worth finding the sprint and rewatching!

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8-NB0OKis5/?igsh=cjBpcjk0c2M1cHJz

i spotted it on first watch, although didn't realise it was Pedersen who had gone down. If Zingle hadn't cleared him it could have been much worse, i.e. a proper pile up. Pedersen is in my fantasy team (as is Cav) but it was definitely just one of those things, no blame on Cav or any others. I guess Peds just touched the barrier.

It was brilliant riding from Cav, vintage wheel surfing and making those split second gut calls of where the speed is and what wheel to be on.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Macon to Dijon today, pan flat stage, I wonder which sprinter will cut the mustard....

I'll get my coat :laugh:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Macon to Dijon today, pan flat stage, I wonder which sprinter will cut the mustard....

I'll get my coat :laugh:

At the risk of sounding like a pretentious nob, Macon always make me think "Cackon" from a line from Waiting for Godot.

I was never in the Macon country. I've puked my puke of a life away here I tell you. Here in the Cackon country

Tenkaykev

Guru
Is Godot a sprinter too?

Any mention of " Waiting for Godot " brings to mind an Alexei Sayle sketch. He's on stage, there's a few lines of dialogue and then Godot appears followed shortly by two more. The punch line being " You spend ages waiting for Godot, then three of them turn up at the same time "

Top Bottom