Tour de France 2024 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tarric

Über Member
Philipsen relegated for shifting his line and blocking Van Aert, not for the first time.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I was just thinking about Netflix, in which Jasper the Disaster was a definite baddie, and thinking - he's probably a really nice guy, it's all fiddled for the camera.

But now I'm not so sure. Perhaps he really is a baddie.

He swayed all the way to the left barrier, blocking the riders behind him, which had to brake/evade and ment Pedersen got squezzed into the barrier (less than 2 bike lenghts behind Cav). There was plenty room for Cav without that big sway!

Watch it again.

Sorry, I know this is way after the event but, last night I could only watch a little on French TV in my hotel. Today I've seen the proper overhead video of Cav's win. Absolutely no way he caused any accident or negatively affected any other riders line. You should put your hand up and apologise to Cav. You were way out of line.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Sorry, I know this is way after the event but, last night I could only watch a little on French TV in my hotel. Today I've seen the proper overhead video of Cav's win. Absolutely no way he caused any accident or negatively affected any other riders line. You should put your hand up and apologise to Cav. You were way out of line.

Wonder why the UCI today visited both Philipsen's and Cavendish's team busses before the stage, and told them that their dangerous manuevers yesterday will be sanctioned going forward.

Cav played it safe today and stayed out of the sprint, Philipsen didn’t and got burned.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I was just thinking about Netflix, in which Jasper the Disaster was a definite baddie, and thinking - he's probably a really nice guy, it's all fiddled for the camera.

But now I'm not so sure. Perhaps he really is a baddie.

The Unchained Binge podcast said Netflix exaggerated it but he’s basically a baddie! I don’t warm to him.

Mike_P

Guru
Wonder why the UCI today visited both Philipsen's and Cavendish's team busses before the stage, and told them that their dangerous manuevers yesterday will be sanctioned going forward.

Cav played it safe today and stayed out of the sprint, Philipsen didn’t and got burned.

Might it be to congratulate Cav?

you was there and heard it did you, think its time you gave it a rest ,

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Might it be to congratulate Cav?

Yes, I am sure the 4 commisaires showed at the team bus to congratulate him. When asked about it by the Danish reporter why they were there, they said “No comments - it will be in the communique after the stage”. Then they (or some other commisaires) went to the Alpecin bus and gave them the same warning, which was confirmed by one of the Alpecin officials to the same reporter shortly after.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
you was there and heard it did you, think its time you gave it a rest ,

I think it is time you visit Specsavers and/or follow the news. It was reported many hours ago by a few cycling outlets, including both Dutch, Belgian and Danish TV/cycling sites. Only later on it was mentioned (briefly) in the articles about Philipsen’s relegation in the UK media.

The first articles also stated that more than one team had filed a complaint after yesterday.

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
No, I have been looking for it and older ditto. I think it is released only to the teams and maybe the press?

But here are some of the sites mentioning if you google ”uci warning cavendish”.

It wouldn't be the crash as everyone has pointed out was too far back, more likely the shoulder barge earlier on in the battle for a wheel.

Top Bottom