Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
2554588 said:
That would put a bit of a strain on the cage and its mounts.

stick em up your jumper then - did you see the Euskaltel-Euskadi guy the other day ? He had about 20 in his jumper.
Lead or not, you get the point - if riders did feel weight helps then riders would be taking bottles and picking up a couple of kilos all the time.

thom

____
Also very dangerous if it falls off.

Throwing bottles the wrong way off the Sarenne today might have either hit a rider further down or caused an avalanche !

crisscross

Dumb-ish question - they gave a time penalty to Froome.

What would have happened if it had been someone like Geraint Thomas that needed a drink, 20 seconds isn't going to make a scrap of difference to anyone outside the top 20 or vying for the other jerseys?

yes... so he changed for a 'legal' one.
Nothing illegal going on , I heard talk of switching to carbon rims after the potentially rough descent befroe the 2nd climb (from ally hoops)

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Dumb-ish question - they gave a time penalty to Froome.

What would have happened if it had been someone like Geraint Thomas that needed a drink, 20 seconds isn't going to make a scrap of difference to anyone outside the top 20 or vying for the other jerseys?

They wouldn't have done anything.....

1002477_209865725835825_990193531_n.jpg

Like John Degenkolb taking a beer on the 2nd way up today......

The feeding thing is making me uncomfortable in a number of ways.

1) Froome still races in a very naive way. he started to look grey about 10k out but feeding was only banned from 6k, so why didn't he take food prior to that. Why did he make a surge 9k out, pointless, same as chasing Contador downhill.
2) He has evaded taking responsibility for breaking the rules and still is, arguing it was Porte who fed, not him, that the team car had a mechanical. Just stop and hold your hand up.
3) The wider implications of this seem to have eluded him. Suddenly he looks less credible when he says things

This is making me squirm a bit in embarrassment for him.

1) Froome still races in a very naive way. he started to look grey about 10k out but feeding was only banned from 6k, so why didn't he take food prior to that. Why did he make a surge 9k out, pointless, same as chasing Contador downhill.
2) He has evaded taking responsibility for breaking the rules and still is, arguing it was Porte who fed, not him, that the team car had a mechanical. Just stop and hold your hand up.
3) The wider implications of this seem to have eluded him. Suddenly he looks less credible when he says things

Yes, for a team where every detail counts, apparently, an illegal feed would seem quite basic, and he should just MTFU and take the penalty.

thom

____

Is he challenging the ruling ? I thought he was quite open about what happened and unlikely to challenge - he pointed out he'd been hindered from their planned feeding point I think but was he trying to argue that it was ok ? Part of the reason to ask Porte to get the food would be because Porte himself had more energy.

Is he challenging the ruling ? I thought he was quite open about what happened and unlikely to challenge - he pointed out he'd been hindered from their planned feeding point I think but was he trying to argue that it was ok ? Part of the reason to ask Porte to get the food would be because Porte himself had more energy.
He's questioning it, as for hindered, what the whole time from valley to 6k.

Top Bottom