Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Froome & Brailsford faced the press yesterday.

If Wada has Sky's full training data and turned round to say, Sky are racing clean, would that be enough to stop the speculation ?

He's basically playing santa 6 months early. Write a list for me boys and girls - but you might not get all you asked for. The sleigh only carries so much.

Got be a breakaway today hasn't it? Short enough and difficult enough to stay away but not hard enough to attract the GC'ers.

Was it not the descent into Gap where we had chaingate with Contador and Schleck all those micro-years ago?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
OK, predictions for today's stage?

Sensible money would probably be on one of the OGE boys - Gerrans or Albasini - or someone like Gilbert, if he can stay in touch over the final climb. Maybe even Sagan.

I'm going out on a limb again for this one: Romain Bardet.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Got be a breakaway today hasn't it? Short enough and difficult enough to stay away but not hard enough to attract the GC'ers.

I was thinking not. They've had a rest day, they've got the TT tomorrow. They might not be feeling charitable enough to allow the inevitable breakaway to succeed. I suppose it partly depends on who gets into the group - with opportunities for stage wins running out, any teams who miss the cut will be keen to chase it down.

thom

____
Speculation is the press's job and that won't stop. It would maybe go some way to more informed speculation. And just an impression I've been getting - very few current riders seem to casting aspersions. It's riders from another era, journalists and disillusioned followers of cycling (who, let's face it, are entitled to be sceptical).

But Brailsford's question about what he do to make the press less sceptical is reasonable is it not ? He is responding to people who spoke about having access to power data and opening up the full training data to Wada as a trusted expert (not just power data).

What else could Sky do ? They allow Walsh an access all areas pass, they have no ex-riders leaving and testing positive, no rumours from people on the inside.

In asking the same pointed question "Are you cheating Chris ?", are the journalists doing a good job ? If they represent the cycling fan who wants to understand whether to trust their eye(brow)s..., shouldn't they try to at least engage with Sky on this ?

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
OK, predictions for today's stage?

Sensible money would probably be on one of the OGE boys - Gerrans or Albasini - or someone like Gilbert, if he can stay in touch over the final climb. Maybe even Sagan.

I'm going out on a limb again for this one: Romain Bardet.

I think a little tough for Gilbert today... Albasini has looked pretty active so far, so my money (not that I'm a betting man) is on him!

thom

____
He's basically playing santa 6 months early. Write a list for me boys and girls - but you might not get all you asked for. The sleigh only carries so much.
How do you know ? That is just pure prejudice - you have no idea how Sky will behave. Can you think of one thing that they offered in the past that they did not follow through on ?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
How do you know ? That is just pure prejudice - you have no idea how Sky will behave. Can you think of one thing that they offered in the past that they did not follow through on ?
Just speculating like everyone else thom :smile:

What are the options? Open the doors to all who wish to have a look, or control what information you give out by relying on a group of journos(who will fault find and compare to Armstrong anyway) to request it specifically?

I can't help but think it's easier to answer questions when you have time to collate information/data and/or think about the answer, that is not what the environment of a press conference really offers. Especially when taking questions from the floor.

I was thinking not. They've had a rest day, they've got the TT tomorrow. They might not be feeling charitable enough to allow the inevitable breakaway to succeed. I suppose it partly depends on who gets into the group - with opportunities for stage wins running out, any teams who miss the cut will be keen to chase it down.

I was thinking a French rider today, Gautier or someone like that but definitely a couple of wild card riders.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
But Brailsford's question about what he do to make the press less sceptical is reasonable is it not ? He is responding to people who spoke about having access to power data and opening up the full training data to Wada as a trusted expert (not just power data).

What else could Sky do ? They allow Walsh an access all areas pass, they have no ex-riders leaving and testing positive, no rumours from people on the inside.

In asking the same pointed question "Are you cheating Chris ?", are the journalists doing a good job ? If they represent the cycling fan who wants to understand whether to trust their eye(brow)s..., shouldn't they try to at least engage with Sky on this ?
I welcome Brailsford knocking the ball back into the journalists' camp. We'll have to wait and see what the press lobs back.

Top Bottom