Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
There must be more interesting things to talk about from today's stage. For example:

Pete Kennaugh: future Tour winner or what?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Nieve's ride today was also quite exceptional, he managed to maintain a high placing despite being one of the first to attack on the lower slopes, after he was caught and passed.

True that. I thought he'd attacked far too early, especially when he seemed to be cracking, but he came back brilliantly towards the end. Chapeau. He's done his market value no harm at all today.

Very useful Spanish ally for Contador too - Berti might have lost a lot more time otherwise.

I was mildly impressed by Valverde's late rally too.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Pete's proved himself to be a selfless team player, talented climber and in possession of some real guts. Great things in the future from him for sure.....

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
We knew Kennaugh was a real workhorse even before the Tour started, but he's unproven at this level. Well, he *was* unproven at this level... He's put several more seasoned pros to shame.

yello

Unfortunately, there is an obligation on everyone else to wade through this stuff to get to the discussion of cycling.

That's one of the joys of a forum isn't it? My comments are about cycling, and I'm not alone. A forum will have the same diversity of opinion.

Blimey, I'm hardly raising the unthinkable am I?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I don't want to jump to an assumption of doping, and I want to believe the Sky marginal gains mantra, but I'm finding it difficult. I'm looking for something to explain just how it is that Froome can leave other riders going backwards.
That would take evidence, or at least consideration of relevant knowledge in the public domain, would it not?
Did I ever say anything else? It's you that's decided to take me task over them.
And multiple others. We're not having a go, we're merely pointing out you're not being entirely fair or consistent on Mr Froome and team.
Not so. I'm an armchair fan and I can continue to be sceptical until I decide otherwise. There's no obligation on me to demonstrate anything to anyone, even if I could. If you don't see the reason for suspicion then that's fine too.
So, would you like to consider relevant information in making an opinion or not?

Given all that's happened, it should surprise nobody that some people are raising eyebrows. I'm sure you can agree with that.
Yes I can. But a raised eyebrow is neither here nor there.

Top Bottom