Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobNewcastle

Awesome ride by Froome and a good point made by someone already that he was grimacing at points with the effort, not cruising up effortlessly. The doping questions will no doubt come and current riders are still going to suffer because of the actions of those in the past. I don't for one minute believe Froome is doping, Brailsfords whole cycling ethos is the antithesis of doping. It's the same meticulous approach to training that yielded so much success on the track that is now benefitting Sky on the road.

Sky were laughed at by the continental sides when they started their road racing era, who's laughing now then?

Can see Froome extending his lead to 5 mins come the TT in Wednesday and barring a crash or something spectacular he'll be in yellow a week today. Great ride by Porte today to stick the knife in at such a crucial time.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It may seem naïve (and I've always been a cynic re cycling and doping) but I am certain in my own mind that Froome is clean. The statements that his wins will never be rescinded, the body language, the strong anti-doping stance of him and the team, the offer to have his blood retro-tested. Clearly none of that is conclusive and I can understand why people have doubts but, for me, I'm convinced.

RobNewcastle

It may seem naïve (and I've always been a cynic re cycling and doping) but I am certain in my own mind that Froome is clean. The statements that his wins will never be rescinded, the body language, the strong anti-doping stance of him and the team, the offer to have his blood retro-tested. Clearly none of that is conclusive and I can understand why people have doubts but, for me, I'm convinced.

Yeah you've just summed up my thoughts better than I have, haha

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Truth be told, twas for a hedge fund.
I knew you were an utter banker, Thom.

thom

____
Greg Henderson tweeted that was a tailwind all the way, and Ross Tucker says time slower than Wiggo ( I assume from 2009).

That day the race was a disappointment because nobody attacked as the last 7 km were into a block headwind, so that is a remarkable comparison.
To put it into perspective, this edition saw the longest stage in the tour for 30 years or something and the average speed was really high, so you would imagine the riders were more knackered doing the climb this time than in 2009.

The problem with Froome and the reason that he is under suspicion for using a substance, banned or otherwise, is peoples perception of him.

If Quintana had won that stage in Froomes position, would people be casting doubt on his cleanliness?

Froome is having doubt cast on his performance because he isn't being given enough credit for his climbing. He is clearly, imo, the best climber in the cycling world and had just beaten the 2nd best climber in the cycling world.

Put in those terms, is it clear that he is doping or just the best climber by a country mile?
He is a very good climber, obviously, but I guess when he is also a very good time triallist as well then folk are bound to ask questions, it is only natural. If he was also wearing the green jersey then I think they would be right.

Slaav

Guru
Doesn't Froome now have 3 jerseys? (or is it just the two :smile:)
He obviously will wear yellow so I guess they go to the repsective No 2s?

Top Bottom