Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slaav

Guru
If froome is on the juice (which I don't believe) the surely the new White Jersey will be as well?

It appears that Froome was shepherded most of the way whilst Quintana wasn't? Q went much earlier on his own and nearly stayed with Froome. Froome played poker and then burst away from Dirty Bertie to jump to Q.

Great viewing. Great excitement and maybe Sky today played a blinder :smile:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Yep, Ten Dam then Mollema then Gesink for Belkin

I got confused because I thought I saw Mollema approaching the finish, then the camera cut away, then cut back to show Ten Dam crossing the line...

But it was Mollema six seconds behind Contador, then Ten Dam another few seconds back, according to the official results.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

I got confused because I thought I saw Mollema approaching the finish, then the camera cut away, then cut back to show Ten Dam crossing the line...

But it was Mollema six seconds behind Contador, then Ten Dam another few seconds back, according to the official results.

Well, they are wrong :laugh:

Chris Norton

I also hope that Quintana gets a stage. Deserves one, maybe the double ascent if he recovers well and it doesn't all go splitsville on the descent. Once he gets his descending sorted he will be a serious contender.

Chris Norton

Froomie looks in pain getting off the podium! That hurt.

thom

____
Ned on twitter said Froome recieving oxygen but is ok.

It would be particularly odd if he managed to do that and not need to breath at the top...

My take is I just think Sky are better at training their riders and that the likes of Contador's lack of performance now shows how much he benefited from dodgy preparations in the past.
Froome's line is that he has no worry that future analysis will not show up illegal practices. It is essentially saying people are welcome to retroactively test his samples going forward. You would have to be very confident to think you had discovered some doping practice that would remain undetected going forward.

To point the finger before even getting the likes of VAM figures is also jumping the gun - anybody got anything to look at yet ?

It would be particularly odd if he managed to do that and not need to breath at the top...

My take is I just think Sky are better at training their riders and that the likes of Contador's lack of performance now shows how much he benefited from dodgy preparations in the past.
Froome's line is that he has no worry that future analysis will not show up illegal practices. It is essentially saying people are welcome to retroactively test his samples going forward. You would have to be very confident to think you had discovered some doping practice that would remain undetected going forward.

To point the finger before even getting the likes of VAM figures is also jumping the gun - anybody got anything to look at yet ?
There was a terrific headwind, I doubt any numbers will be accurate.

Top Bottom