Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Nah - they always get caught

I take inspiration from Scooby-Doo
better to do it when the kids are at school so there are no meddling kids around to solve the crime when the Police fail

That's low budget, daytime filmed, corpse laden, village mayhem for you.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Since we were asked not to do this in the actual Olympics thread...

No they don't.

Ads are only on the highlights. Which is why, even though I'm normally watching in the evening, I will watch the full coverage program with judicious skipping.
Unfortunately, you are wrong...

I am typing this during one of the long ad breaks during the live stream of the women's mountain biking event!

That is on Discovery's Eurosport 2 channel. Maybe there are no ads on Eurosport 1? I will check that later.

Oh, super... Yet another ad break! I am going to time them. I reckon there must be close to 20 minutes per hour. Not happy!!

PS I am wondering if you were talking about Eurosport before it was taken over by Discovery? That was ad-free live. My sub ran out last week though so now it is an ad-fest via Discovery.

Alex321

Guru
Since we were asked not to do this in the actual Olympics thread...

Unfortunately, you are wrong...

I am typing this during one of the long ad breaks during the live stream of the women's mountain biking event!

That is on Discovery's Eurosport 2 channel. Maybe there are no ads on Eurosport 1? I will check that later.

Oh, super... Yet another ad break! I am going to time them. I reckon there must be close to 20 minutes per hour. Not happy!!

PS I am wondering if you were talking about Eurosport before it was taken over by Discovery? That was ad-free live. My sub ran out last week though so now it is an ad-fest via Discovery.

I'm talking about watching directly on discovery+, not about watching on Eurosport. They do have a number of occasions where they mention that their TV viewers (which I assume means Eurosport) are having an ad break.

ColinJ

I'm talking about watching directly on discovery+, not about watching on Eurosport. They do have a number of occasions where they mention that their TV viewers (which I assume means Eurosport) are having an ad break.
I'm confused! :wacko:

I signed up for discovery+ then went to watch the women's mountain bike race. I clicked the link there and it showed me the Eurosport 2 coverage... (with those annoying ads!)

I'll take another look later to see if I can see another way to view!

Jenkins

Legendary Member

I signed up for discovery+ then went to watch the women's mountain bike race. I clicked the link there and it showed me the Eurosport 2 coverage... (with those annoying ads!)

If you're watching on the PC , sign in and go to https://www.discoveryplus.com/gb/paris-2024
Scroll down a little bit and there's this section...
(edit - it's also the same on the Discovery+ app on my NOW TV box)
1722198057334.png

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Why not just order the smaller sized meal? That way you'd save a few quid & not leave or waste so much food

Chislenko

Veteran

Sometimes Discovery+ does do that unfortunately. It's, in my experience, more the exception than the rule.

Alex321

Guru

Not sure about at home on the PC. But today/yesterday at my daughters, the Olympics only seem to be on the Eurosport part of Discovery+, not on the normal Sports category, where I have generally been watching the cycling.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Not sure about at home on the PC. But today/yesterday at my daughters, the Olympics only seem to be on the Eurosport part of Discovery+, not on the normal Sports category, where I have generally been watching the cycling.

They've hidden most of the coverage under a small "Paris 2024" tab at the top or side of the screen (depending on how you access it). Surely having spent all that money on the coverage, you'd have thought they'd highlight the special section much more prominently.

ColinJ

I finally found the ad-free live coverage. The thing is... I don't generally watch TV during the day!

I want to do what I used to do with my direct subscription to Eurosport - watch full-event ad-free coverage hours later and skip through it as I see fit.

Also... Will all sports get the live ad-free option or just a select few?

Gwylan

Veteran
When you and your whole family are standing - with a trolley - in front of the ham section and blocking the whole area while you discuss the different options and inspect the sell-by-date
and I am waiting patiently for you to finish nearby
Then I am seriously considering whtjer or not anyone would notice if I murdered you and hid your bodies in the frozen food section!!!

(yea Gods I am being rather extreme today!!!
hope no-one dies around here in suspicious/ circumstances in the near future
but I should be safe - what forensic team would think to look on CycleChat????)

I'll give you an alibi. Say the word

Top Bottom