Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It has been said before, but there was a new twist...

• Very dark conditions, long after sunset? CHECK!
  • Unlit section of road? CHECK!
  • Stealthy black bike? CHECK!
  • Stealthy black clothing? CHECK!
  • No lights on bike? CHECK!
  • No reflectors on bike? CHECK!
  • Virtually invisible? CHECK!
Ah, say the pedants... You DID see the rider, so he was NOT invisible!

Er, actually, I did not spot him until I saw a flash of light from under his armpit... He was riding along no-hands, staring down at his phone screen!! :eek:

So what I would like to have shouted from the bus was "Get some lights!" but it was too late by the time I realised what I was looking at.

It has been said before, but there was a new twist...

• Very dark conditions, long after sunset? CHECK!
  • Unlit section of road? CHECK!
  • Stealthy black bike? CHECK!
  • Stealthy black clothing? CHECK!
  • No lights on bike? CHECK!
  • No reflectors on bike? CHECK!
  • Virtually invisible? CHECK!
Ah, say the pedants... You DID see the rider, so he was NOT invisible!

Er, actually, I did not spot him until I saw a flash of light from under his armpit... He was riding along no-hands, staring down at his phone screen!! :eek:

So what I would like to have shouted from the bus was "Get some lights!" but it was too late by the time I realised what I was looking at.

Wow - responsible rider
round here he would have been doing a wheelie on the wrong side of the road!!

ColinJ

I was going to post:

I would like to say that there is a discovery+ app available for my TV, but there isn't one...

(I have been using a Chromecast dongle to cast d+ Eurosport coverage from the app on my phone or tablet, but that is a bit of a faff when I want to step through long sports events.)

However:

I just discovered that I can subscribe to d+ through Amazon and access it via the Prime video app on my TV instead, which should be lot more convenient. The first 6 months are at a discounted rate of £3.99/month. I am temporarily paying £3.49/month direct to Discovery so it will only cost me £3 extra for the 6 months and after that the price is the same (£6.99/month) anyway.

Chislenko

Veteran
I was going to post:

I would like to say that there is a discovery+ app available for my TV, but there isn't one...

(I have been using a Chromecast dongle to cast d+ Eurosport coverage from the app on my phone or tablet, but that is a bit of a faff when I want to step through long sports events.)

However:

I just discovered that I can subscribe to d+ through Amazon and access it via the Prime video app on my TV instead, which should be lot more convenient. The first 6 months are at a discounted rate of £3.99/month. I am temporarily paying £3.49/month direct to Discovery so it will only cost me £3 extra for the 6 months and after that the price is the same (£6.99/month) anyway.

Just a word Colin, a lot of the Olympics coverage I watched on D+ still came with adverts, getting rid of adverts is supposed to be the reason for subscription!!!

One other point and I don't know if other D+ users on here have the same issue but nearly every time I go to the D+ app it makes me scan the QR code, go the web on my phone and enter a new code, it makes watching the on this app a bit of a nuisance.

ColinJ

Just a word Colin, a lot of the Olympics coverage I watched on D+ still came with adverts, getting rid of adverts is supposed to be the reason for subscription!!!
I have been complaining about that in other posts over the past couple of weeks!

Amazon Prime and Netflix started showing ads during their content. I now have to pay higher subscription fees to get rid of them!

One other point and I don't know if other D+ users on here have the same issue but nearly every time I go to the D+ app it makes me scan the QR code, go the web on my phone and enter a new code, it makes watching the on this app a bit of a nuisance.
I have not had that problem - yet!

Alex321

Guru
You have to be careful which option you select, to avoid th ads. I think highlights always have them, if there are multiple channels of live or "as live", one of those doesn't.

Never had that issue. Are you rejecting cookies?

Chislenko

Veteran
You have to be careful which option you select, to avoid th ads. I think highlights always have them, if there are multiple channels of live or "as live", one of those doesn't.

Never had that issue. Are you rejecting cookies?

How do you reject cookies on a Sky Box?

Alex321

Guru
How do you reject cookies on a Sky Box?

Don't know, I've never had one.

I use the D+ app either on my Roku (to TV), or my PC, or my android tablet.

Chislenko

Veteran
Don't know, I've never had one.

I use the D+ app either on my Roku (to TV), or my PC, or my android tablet.

Ah right. I only watch TV on a TV! No what happens with me is that nearly every time I go to watch D+ there is a message on the TV, scan the QR code, which then takes you to their website on the phone and you have to input a code, which is shown on your TV and then and only then will it connect to D+.

Doesn't look like I am alone in this.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Have-to-keep-signing-in-to-discovery-plus/m-p/4287950

Chislenko

Veteran
Put some weedkiller on your bl--dy mares tail, I am sick to death of it coming into my garden and tell your stupid gardener (bloke with a big strimmer) to stop strimming it as it only promotes more growth!

Top Bottom