Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Careful

I seems that some Walsh and Scottish people might have sneaked on
they can get rather uppity if you call the English!

Yes! Some are guests in "your country" They pay taxes, marry your girls, breed and dream longingly of returning to their homeland.
Brief visits tends to cure them of hiraeth

Sloth

I'd like to oblige you by riding even closer to the kerb, as that would clearly give you the extra room you obviously require as you continue texting your other lobotomised chums! However, I can't as the road condition that close in is so bad, that I would continually and painfully become so intimate with my bike saddle as to make a shotgun wedding with it essential, and frankly, morally the right thing to do.

Me and Mrs P never rush to board the plane,we have our seats we know that,we don't wait in long queues we sit,we also let people off the plane so avoiding all the fuss.I can never understand getting bags down before it has even stopped.

Yup - last time we flew anywhere we were in the aisle seat and the middle seat
The person in the window seat got up as soon as the plane stopped and looked annoyed that we didn;t

we stood up and let her out
then sat down again - not with more room - and sat there reading out kindles until the queue started moving
I have also converted my wife to the concept of only carrying the absolute minimum in carry-on baggage. We generally manage with my small squishy backpack that will easily fit under the seat in front of me

I can;t understand people who have large cases (maximum size) and struggle to get them into the overhead lockers - then struggle to get them out again unopened at the end of the flight.

One time we wandered out from the security and stuff and into the baggage reclaim - last easily
just as our bags came out first so I grabbed them and we wandered off while all the people who has rushed and worried to get there first - sat and waited and stressed

people are weird

people are weird
Nail. Head.

Just been reading about a poor woman who went to Turkey for Breast "augmentation"

She did her research and found one that a lot of influences said was wonderful

and ended up with major infections and having to have it all reversed

I just wish people would stop taking to word of any Tom Dick or Harry on the WWW that says something and look at what properly qualified people say
I mean - I feel sorry for her - but these influencers get loads of money from somewhere - where do they think it comes from??

Alex321

Guru
I thought that all airlines had cottoned on to that money saving wheeze.

Most prefer you to take only cabin luggage, as it saves them ground time loading/unloading the hold.

Most still have free cabin baggage at least to some extent. Some (e.g. Easyjet) charge if you bring on cabin baggage that only fits in the larger of their two measuring cages. In theory, if it fits the smaller one, it goes under the seat in front of you, but they don't actually stop you putting it in the overhead lockers if there is space.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just been reading about a poor woman who went to Turkey for Breast "augmentation"

She did her research and found one that a lot of influences said was wonderful

and ended up with major infections and having to have it all reversed

I just wish people would stop taking to word of any Tom Dick or Harry on the WWW that says something and look at what properly qualified people say
I mean - I feel sorry for her - but these influencers get loads of money from somewhere - where do they think it comes from??

……and usually then require the NHS to sort out their self inflicted problems.

……and usually then require the NHS to sort out their self inflicted problems.

Yes - but where do you stop

if you start to say people have to pay for things that were their own fault
then you end up with cyclist being blamed for coming of their bike because "everyone knows that cycling is dangerous"

or is that too controversial for this side of "the divide"

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
You have really excelled yourself today!!!
I did what you told me to. I warned you about the end result but you insisted.
Yes it happened exactly how I said it would.
Why don't you listen to other people instead of trying to prove yourself right all the time.

What happened today is basic physics. No amount of ranting can change that. It was working when I went home because I fixed it! 😁

Top Bottom