The Vuelta highlights on Quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Um.. my Freesat recorder has not missed any bar Sundays non transmission.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Um.. my Freesat recorder has not missed any bar Sundays non transmission.
Strange!

I'll search for clues online...

Hmm - one suggestion was to do a factory reset - I don't want to do that!

The second option sounded more reasonable - power the box down, then restart it. I have done that instead. Let's see what happens on stage 7's highlight show!

ColinJ

Guess what, my Freesat PVR missed todays
And mine did too!

So far it has only recorded stage #1.

I set up a test recording of another programme on Quest later and... (fires up PVR to check)... THAT failed too!!

Now I will try another station. I think that Quest is not transmitting the correct codes, but other stations will be fine...?

Hmm... The late film on Ch4 DID start recording BUT it started during the preceding ad break rather than on time.

I give up for now!

OP
OP
Wester

Wester

Guru
Good news the highlights were on and I hope they stay on every evening until the finish of the Vuelta

Who was the women who presented the programme ? and who were the two pundits ?

I have watched the highlights of today's stage the 25th and the presenter said at the end of it that Orla will be presenting the show for the next two weeks is this good news or bad news ?

bobzmyunkle

Über Member
Orla will be presenting the show for the next two weeks is this good news or bad news ?
I reckon they just had the other woman to make Orla look competent.
Noticed Rob Hatch overcooked his pronunciation of Grenada today and had to correct himself.
Well done Yates and Mas (bike handling skills and a bit of luck).

Another update on the LRCP shows:
A diamond in the rough! Id rather be watching a full highlights prog with Orla and buddies, but this is waaaaay better than other YouTube sports guff.
Hadn't realised he has a brain (ex-lawyer) - I guess even Australia has them? ;⁠-⁠)

The plain "blog" pages are also excellent.

ColinJ

Another update on the LRCP shows:
A diamond in the rough! Id rather be watching a full highlights prog with Orla and buddies, but this is waaaaay better than other YouTube sports guff.
Hadn't realised he has a brain (ex-lawyer) - I guess even Australia has them? ;⁠-⁠)

The plain "blog" pages are also excellent.
Whatever you might think of his professional career and him as a person, Chris Horner does some very insightful race analysis here.

For example...

Whatever you might think of his professional career and him as a person, Chris Horner does some very insightful race analysis here.

For example...

Spooky - I just tried watching that (straight after the Aussie covering the same stage). Just madly annoying , he needs to take a breath, or at least learn to vary his delivery.
NOT a natural presenter nor public speaker.
\personalopinion

ColinJ

Spooky - I just tried watching that (straight after the Aussie covering the same stage). Just madly annoying , he needs to take a breath, or at least learn to vary his delivery.
NOT a natural presenter nor public speaker.
\personalopinion
I totally understand what you are saying but I have somehow (!) managed to get beyond it. He often points out things that I completely missed.

Most of what he says actually makes sense and the way that he rattles through it means that it gets done in half the time.

I think his son does the editing, including things like the arrows pointing out who is doing what where.

Top Bottom