The Vuelta highlights on Quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobzmyunkle

Über Member
Just more poor editing of the highlights
There seems to be a misconception here. Quest highlights and editing are not words that fit together. It's just cut and splice. Hence the number of times it's possible to be watching without any idea of what's really going on.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
There seems to be a misconception here. Quest highlights and editing are not words that fit together. It's just cut and splice. Hence the number of times it's possible to be watching without any idea of what's really going on.

This story is about Discovery+ not quest but I imagine there's just one insane highlights splicing operative.

I was watching the highlights one of the women's races earlier this year and for several minutes it consisted of the same clip of Lotte Kopecky rounding a corner over ... and over ... and over ... and over again.

geocycle

Legendary Member
I find the highlights show on discovery are not much better than the quest descriptions. There are two varieties, one short highlights, the other about an hour. Not having anyone to introduce or summarise is really cost cutting. Sometimes flicking through the whole race and editing yourself is better, even at the risk of missing something. Oh for Gary and ITV4 or Orla. It’s not going to increase the audience for cycling.

Mike_P

Guru
Did you think it was good production? In 2024?
No but it was how it happened on the live show and given Carlton and Shaun rabbit on re the winnner / second place rather still comenting on the rest of the riders coming over the line anyone who didn't hear because of the announcer soon caught up.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My TV doesn't have a Discovery+ app. I can fire up the app on my tablet and use my Chromecast dongle to get the coverage onto the TV.

The only problem with casting like that is that controlling viewing from the tablet is clunky due to delays. If I watch a replay of a whole stage it works. If I try to quickly step through boring bits I keep getting buffering delays. That is partly due to slowish broadband speed. It's even more annoying when I step forward into the middle of something interesting and then have to step back to find out what happened...

I tried using Quest instead but for some reason it has not been triggering my PVR to record the highlights shows. I came back from holiday to find that only the first day had been recorded.

I deleted the original 'Record all episodes of series' instruction last night and redid it. Let's see if it works now...

T4tomo

Legendary Member
My TV doesn't have a Discovery+ app. I can fire up the app on my tablet and use my Chromecast dongle to get the coverage onto the TV.

The only problem with casting like that is that controlling viewing from the tablet is clunky due to delays. If I watch a replay of a whole stage it works. If I try to quickly step through boring bits I keep getting buffering delays. That is partly due to slowish broadband speed. It's even more annoying when I step forward into the middle of something interesting and then have to step back to find out what happened...

I tried using Quest instead but for some reason it has not been triggering my PVR to record the highlights shows. I came back from holiday to find that only the first day had been recorded.

I deleted the original 'Record all episodes of series' instruction last night and redid it. Let's see if it works now...

Assuming it is a smart Tv but just a slightly older one, Is it possible to do a software update on your TV from the settings menu somewhere? that may be enough to allow you to find the Disco+ app in the app download menu?

Mike_P

Guru

The first one was at 11pm, the rest have, or should have been at 7pm. I suspect the series link did not work because of that.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Assuming it is a smart Tv but just a slightly older one, Is it possible to do a software update on your TV from the settings menu somewhere? that may be enough to allow you to find the Disco+ app in the app download menu?
It is a modern Panasonic set but they don't seem to have a Discovery app for their sets. The set does have an Amazon Prime Video app though and I have discovered that I can subscribe to Discovery through Amazon and access it that way.

I don't think I will be able to transfer my subscription so I'll probably have to cancel the direct one and switch to the Amazon one.

The first one was at 11pm, the rest have, or should have been at 7pm. I suspect the series link did not work because of that.
I think that you are probably right. I will find out this evening if the new link works.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
That's not how it should work. The programme guide entries should have a series ID in them. It wouldn't be that surprising if WB messed that up too, though. They can't get visible timings correct on E1, so why would they get hidden codes right on Quest?

Mike_P

Guru
That's not how it should work. The programme guide entries should have a series ID in them. It wouldn't be that surprising if WB messed that up too, though. They can't get visible timings correct on E1, so why would they get hidden codes right on Quest?

Agreed.

Top Bottom