The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Had a decent day yesterday.Woke up feeling crap again this morning.

Reports yesterday about some builders on an industrial estate finding a "suspected WW2 bomb" in Netherton

Thing is that it was pretty close to where the grandkids live!!!

anyway - major road closed for several hours

and this morning photos of a big explosion on the beech in Bootle as the blew it up

Bloomin' Germans bombin' our chippy again!!!!

Tenkaykev

Guru
A belated good morning. Decorator is here again, it's a bit of a challenge getting up / down the stairs after he leaves in the evening as the bannister has been taken off the wall, and my balance is a bit below par. He's doing a smashing job, the colour choice looks great after decades of Magnolia. I've asked him to quote for the lounge and extension, he's booked through to January but there's no immediate rush. Must pack later, a small bag to take on Sleazyjet so will double check dimensions. I have a cunning plan to wear my jim jams under my normal clothes 😁

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
It suddenly occurs to me that I must have been near @welsh dragon on my Epic Welsh Ride in the summer, probably on the Rhyader to Machynlleth stage.

Dave7

Legendary Member
It looks like the road will now be closed for the entire week while they investigate the rail crash and as it was closing on 31st for the repairs, it will now be closed from now until 20th December, so a 70 mile diversion is in effect. :sad:.

A real pain in the bum.
But 1 dead and 15 injured...... they have to do a thorough job

Dave7

Legendary Member
Anyone use Farm Foods??
Awkward to get to for me with heavy traffic but I was in that area so called in today.
In their ready meals section they have some good offers eg there is a freezer for Bisto meal @ 5 for £7.50.
I got 2x chilli and rice plus 1 each of chicken chowmein, sausage and mash and curry n rice..
I used to go there when Sue was ill and I never knew kf/when she could eat. Handy to have in the freezer.

Top Bottom