The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I'm beginning to flap a bit.

Looked on the NHS app to see if my test results are back and the note from the GP that saw me says "suspected urological cancer."

Got my private scan tomorrow, NHS one on the 4th and then a consultation with a surgeon on the 5th. I mean, holy Starmer, this is a bit of a mind foxtrot.

Drago, " Kidney Disease - Major severity " appeared in my Patient notes a few weeks ago. I had booked an appointment with the GP to discuss my knee problems and suspected gout. When I spoke with him about it he explained that there was nothing wrong with my kidneys, just the usual age related degeneration of function. Hopefully yours is a similar, and they're just flagging it as something to test for. Anyway, wishing you all the very best.

There isn;t one close to here as far as I know

We get leaflets through the door every week or 2 but as I have never seen a shop I just file it

I might see if it is worth look at

Just checked - nearest is in Runcorn and there is a damn great river in the way
OK - there is a nice fast bridge over it so it is only 8 minutes away
but it does provide a big psychological deterrent which is why I have not noticed it before

might try it at some point

Dave7

Legendary Member
I was also put on the urological cancer fast track two & a half years ago due to peeing blood.

Is that a symptom of yours, if you don't mind me asking?

If so, it can be a whole raft of things (mine was due to damage caused by a kidney stone), and most are not cancer. Although I appreciate that is where one's mind always ends up.

The consultation on the 5th is a horribly long waiting time, though. My initial scan/consultation was all done in less than 7 days.

Sincere, best wishes re the outcome.

Indeed.
As I have bored you with over recent years....... I was also peeing blood but mine did turn out to be cancer.
4 ops and more tubes up the Johnson than I can count and I am still here.
Nevertheless @Drago my thoughts will be with you, as will everyones on here.

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7

How much by in £'s?

We were shocked that the M6 toll road had risen to £9.70 when we used it a few weeks back.

And equally shocked that the Dartford crossing is still only £2.50!

Think it is going up from £2.00 to £2.40. It is definitely 20%.

Drago

Legendary Member
I was also put on the urological cancer fast track two & a half years ago due to peeing blood.

Is that a symptom of yours, if you don't mind me asking?

If so, it can be a whole raft of things (mine was due to damage caused by a kidney stone), and most are not cancer. Although I appreciate that is where one's mind always ends up.

The consultation on the 5th is a horribly long waiting time, though. My initial scan/consultation was all done in less than 7 days.

Sincere, best wishes re the outcome.

Nae lad, my fluids are the correct colour.

It's the big lump in my plugs that got me worried, and this constant fatigue has come from somewhere but I'm hoping upon hope is unrelated.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I was going to go for a ride this afternoon but we got some news that knocked me backward and not in the mood to go now.
My Brother in Law passed away this morning after fighting lung cancer for 11 years.
He was the bravest man I have ever met and never complained about it.
When he was diagnosed with it all those years ago, the doctor told him he had 18 months to 2 years left. He replied :" You are not telling me when I am going to die, I will be the judge of that" and he carried on for 11 years. What a brave and courageous man.
I shall miss him.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I was going to go for a ride this afternoon but we got some news that knocked me backward and not in the mood to go now.
My Brother in Law passed away this morning after fighting lung cancer for 11 years.
He was the bravest man I have ever met and never complained about it.
When he was diagnosed with it all those years ago, the doctor told him he had 18 months to 2 years left. He replied :" You are not telling me when I am going to die, I will be the judge of that" and he carried on for 11 years. What a brave and courageous man.
I shall miss him.

Sad news Indeed. Take care

Top Bottom