The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Ask Dave7 if he will loan you his helicopter.

I am very fussy who I lend my helicopter to.
Or my Roller for that matter.

Drago

Legendary Member
Anyone use Farm Foods??
Awkward to get to for me with heavy traffic but I was in that area so called in today.
In their ready meals section they have some good offers eg there is a freezer for Bisto meal @ 5 for £7.50.
I got 2x chilli and rice plus 1 each of chicken chowmein, sausage and mash and curry n rice..
I used to go there when Sue was ill and I never knew kf/when she could eat. Handy to have in the freezer.

I did until the local one closed. Some decent frozen stuff under the Aunt Bessie brand name. I don't know who Aunt Bessie is but she knows the way to a mans heart, saucy temptress.

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
I'm beginning to flap a bit.

Looked on the NHS app to see if my test results are back and the note from the GP that saw me says "suspected urological cancer."

Got my private scan tomorrow, NHS one on the 4th and then a consultation with a surgeon on the 5th. I mean, holy Starmer, this is a bit of a mind foxtrot.

I hope it's not! But sweet baby cheeses, that's not great possible news to get, or a great way to get it.

I hope it's not! But sweet baby cheeses, that's not great possible news to get, or a great way to get it.

No sure if that counts as malpractice or not

Before putting that sort of thing in a place that you can see it then it you should be told properly face to face

sounds like a serious cock up by someone at the GP place or the hospital!!!

I would ring them as soon as possible and demand an explantion

also
hope it works out better than it sounds - it often is nowadays
will be thinking of you

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Before putting that sort of thing in a place that you can see it then it you should be told properly face to face

also
will be thinking of you

That is the problem with looking at your medical records, they may contain things you don't wish to know.

It is rather like the current "fashion" for the Medics to "tell it like it is". Personally, if it turns out I have some terminal condition, I do not want to be told about it! I would prefer blissful ignorance. I have told my GP as much. But, we are all different, I accept and understand that some people would want to know.

Hopefully, @Drago , all will be well, sending you best wishes.

Just been wandering around medical sites looking at stuff

came across some information about
"Hydrogen Water"
Hydrogen water is regular water that's been enhanced with molecular hydrogen gas, known as H2.
apparently

F**** off - no it damn well ain't
molecular Hydrogen is a very small molecule that will bubble directly out of water is nothing flat and head for space
I did a degree in Chemistry so I know that water does weird things on a molecular level and there is generally very few H2O molecules in it - and they all clump togethr and affect stuff

but it ain;t disolving any bloomin H2 as molecules - and naff all as any sort of hydrogen bonded ions and similar

apparently you can buy tablets that add Hydrogen to water

even more tosh (see - I've calmed down and stopped swearing!!)
they may (???) emit the gas but it heads off to pastures new damn quick

apparently the evidence is not conclusive yet

No S*** SHerlock!

damn stupid pseudo Medical garbage!!!

p.s. I don;t belive it - just in case that was not clear!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Anyone use Farm Foods??
Awkward to get to for me with heavy traffic but I was in that area so called in today.
In their ready meals section they have some good offers eg there is a freezer for Bisto meal @ 5 for £7.50.
I got 2x chilli and rice plus 1 each of chicken chowmein, sausage and mash and curry n rice..
I used to go there when Sue was ill and I never knew kf/when she could eat. Handy to have in the freezer.

We used to use it decades ago, buti have no idea what it'd like now.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I'm not going to stress over it. Got enough to stress over as it is.

The doc was just doing her job, the whole app and records things isn't very well thought through in that regards. She's got things moving quickly so I'll just have to MTFU and gut it out. It may be that the private scan tomorrow does a lot to put my mind at rest.

Good luck Drago

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I'm beginning to flap a bit.

Looked on the NHS app to see if my test results are back and the note from the GP that saw me says "suspected urological cancer."

Got my private scan tomorrow, NHS one on the 4th and then a consultation with a surgeon on the 5th. I mean, holy Starmer, this is a bit of a mind foxtrot.

I was also put on the urological cancer fast track two & a half years ago due to peeing blood.

Is that a symptom of yours, if you don't mind me asking?

If so, it can be a whole raft of things (mine was due to damage caused by a kidney stone), and most are not cancer. Although I appreciate that is where one's mind always ends up.

The consultation on the 5th is a horribly long waiting time, though. My initial scan/consultation was all done in less than 7 days.

Sincere, best wishes re the outcome.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

also
will be thinking of you

The NHS App has a warning on it prior to you looking at your test results, etc, along the lines of 'your GP may not have spoken to you' etc.

Patient choice whether to continue, definitely not malpractice.

Top Bottom