The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I am just going to have packet noodles as a lunch snack then the BIG decision is
Chicken curry
Or
Sausage and egg barm
:blush:

I do like chicken curry with rice.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Blimey. Your optician is expensive. I had two pairs of glasses , one normal and one Polaroid , for £170 from Specsavers. Also got £125 back from the Welsh Hospital Scheme, so quite cheap really.

That was from specsavers
Frames £90, variable focus "eleat" £200, + reactions £60 and speical x-ray £5
as I said be for just glad I had the voucher, well you can't take it with you
and the government will make sure you don't.

I wonder where the cost is to deliver a letter. I don't think postmen/women are particularly well paid?
Maybe it's the cost of pensions?
Maybe it's the managers who are getting very highly rewarded?

Tenkaykev

Guru
I wonder where the cost is to deliver a letter. I don't think postmen/women are particularly well paid?
Maybe it's the cost of pensions?
Maybe it's the managers who are getting very highly rewarded?

Well they sold Royal Mail to a Czech billionaire earlier in the year for 5 Billion quid so I expect they need to recoup the spend. Strange how all the nations assets that were sold off with the promise of greater efficiencies and better value end up not to be so and cost us far more. ( most expensive rail travel in europe, sh*t in the rivers etc ) I'd better not say ant more lest the mods take an interest 😉

Well they sold Royal Mail to a Czech billionaire earlier in the year for 5 Billion quid so I expect they need to recoup the spend. Strange how all the nations assets that were sold off with the promise of greater efficiencies and better value end up not to be so and cost us far more. ( most expensive rail travel in europe, sh*t in the rivers etc ) I'd better not say ant more lest the mods take an interest 😉

They are more efficient
just more efficient at making money for the owners in most cases

Which is why utilities and the like need strong regulation by a proper regulator

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
They are more efficient
just more efficient at making money for the owners in most cases

Which is why utilities and the like need strong regulation by a proper regulator

Unfortunately I don't believe any of the regulatory bodies are there to protect the public interest. They are there to protect the agencies they regulate. Look at Ofwat, Ofgen, Ofcom and the like.

Just my personal opinion mind.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
That's a really sad post. :sad:

I'm not sure that our society has a very good relationship with death.

One of the most natural things that will ever occur to each of us, yet it leaves so much sadness behind.

I wish it could be more celebratory of a life well-lived. And definitely more celebratory than the faux nonsense of some funeral services!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKB89ItJuAQ

Top Bottom