The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Night everyone. It sounds very windy out there, if it carries on this loud I will move to a bedroom on the other side of the house.
Sithi
Go with the wind...

PaulSB

Squire
First! It's still dark but the forecast is good so let's pretend it's sunny! 🌞

#2 small person today. This means I have to saddle up by 7.00am and join the Manchester bound rush hour on the M61. I've discovered for potential routes to my lad's house in north Manchester. Google maps and traffic updates do a very good job of rerouting while I drive.

#1 son has offered to collect his daughter tonight. This possibly means he wants his tea. A chicken will go in the slow cooker soonish.

Next job is to massage bio oil into my knee, start the physio 🧍🧎‍➡️ and then weights 🏋 Feeling good about this.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Sod it...thats what its come down to.

Following on from my previous post about trying to get fired after 21 years of service with the same company.

We have got to a stage where the mind cannot comprehend what the management are trying to do. Its like telling a child not to put their hand in the fire, because we all know the outcome. But they do it anyway.

I have now decided, along with everyone else in the company. That I have done all I can do to try to show the management that their course of action is wrong. They just do not want to hear it.

I have decided that I can resign with a clear conscience. I have talked to my union and have been advised that if I just walk out, I will get no money for 3 weeks. After that, I get 90% of my salary until May and then I get my state pension. Luckily, money is not an issue.

My mind is in a much better place. So much so I decided to to buy the motorbike I was holding back on. Jannie has bought a load of paint brushes for me and I do not mean landscape brushes 😁 I am actually starting to look forward to it.

December the 2nd is the date my 9 collegues leave the company. My first goal
is to get to the end of December. That is only 12 weeks from when I intended to retire. We will see how far I get. But I am ok with it now. As everyone in the building keeps telling me. It is not my problem.

1000028558.jpg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
It's still dark out there at the moment, but the rain and wind has passed through.

Following on from my previous post about trying to get fired after 21 years of service with the same company.

We have got to a stage where the mind cannot comprehend what the management are trying to do. Its like telling a child not to put their hand in the fire, because we all know the outcome. But they do it anyway.

I have now decided, along with everyone else in the company. That I have done all I can do to try to show the management that their course of action is wrong. They just do not want to hear it.

I have decided that I can resign with a clear conscience. I have talked to my union and have been advised that if I just walk out, I will get no money for 3 weeks. After that, I get 90% of my salary until May and then I get my state pension. Luckily, money is not an issue.

My mind is in a much better place. So much so I decided to to buy the motorbike I was holding back on. Jannie has bought a load of paint brushes for me and I do not mean landscape brushes 😁 I am actually starting to look forward to it.

is to get to the end of December. That is only 12 weeks from when I intended to retire. We will see how far I get. But I am ok with it now. As everyone in the building keeps telling me. It is not my problem.

View attachment 750022

@steveindenmark I am glad you feel happy now that you have made the decision to retire more or less on your terms. You will not regret retirement.
Nice bike by the way.😎

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

View attachment 750022

Well done and welcome to the old duffers retirement home.

Dave7

Legendary Member

View attachment 750022
My neighbour has just bought one those.

Top Bottom