The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Feeling a lot better this morning.
Managed to force myself out for Sunday lunch yesterday.
At a bit of a loose end today, but I daresay something will turn up.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning, It's surprisingly mild. Mark the decorator arrived at ten to eight, he was pleased to see the carpets had been taken up and the lightshades and other accoutrements removed. Tea, no sugar, plenty of milk, plus a plate of assorted biscuits have been supplied.
Mrs Tkk is expecting a follow up call from the Hospital post procedure, just to check that everything is ok. The postie will be calling this morning to collect our small suitcase, just over £7 to collect it from our house and deliver it to our daughter in Edinburgh tomorrow, he's even bringing the label. This compares to the £30 that Easyjet wanted for an extra bag, plus we don't have to lug it around and check it in at the Airport. We haven't been on a 'plane for years, preferring to travel by train, but we snagged a flight from Southampton to Glasgow for £35 each so it was a " no brainer "

Sod it...thats what its come down to.

Following on from my previous post about trying to get fired after 21 years of service with the same company.

We have got to a stage where the mind cannot comprehend what the management are trying to do. Its like telling a child not to put their hand in the fire, because we all know the outcome. But they do it anyway.

I have now decided, along with everyone else in the company. That I have done all I can do to try to show the management that their course of action is wrong. They just do not want to hear it.

I have decided that I can resign with a clear conscience. I have talked to my union and have been advised that if I just walk out, I will get no money for 3 weeks. After that, I get 90% of my salary until May and then I get my state pension. Luckily, money is not an issue.

My mind is in a much better place. So much so I decided to to buy the motorbike I was holding back on. Jannie has bought a load of paint brushes for me and I do not mean landscape brushes 😁 I am actually starting to look forward to it.

December the 2nd is the date my 9 collegues leave the company. My first goal
is to get to the end of December. That is only 12 weeks from when I intended to retire. We will see how far I get. But I am ok with it now. As everyone in the building keeps telling me. It is not my problem.

View attachment 750022

Good decision and a very nice bike!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Still a bit breezy but the worst is over. Just did the riverside trail this morning. Lots of small branches and twigs scattered around but no trees down.

Pleased to see my healthier eating is resulting in my resting heart rate coming down.

Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 08.59.30.png

PaulSB

Squire
Sod it...thats what its come down to.

Following on from my previous post about trying to get fired after 21 years of service with the same company.

We have got to a stage where the mind cannot comprehend what the management are trying to do. Its like telling a child not to put their hand in the fire, because we all know the outcome. But they do it anyway.

I have now decided, along with everyone else in the company. That I have done all I can do to try to show the management that their course of action is wrong. They just do not want to hear it.

I have decided that I can resign with a clear conscience. I have talked to my union and have been advised that if I just walk out, I will get no money for 3 weeks. After that, I get 90% of my salary until May and then I get my state pension. Luckily, money is not an issue.

My mind is in a much better place. So much so I decided to to buy the motorbike I was holding back on. Jannie has bought a load of paint brushes for me and I do not mean landscape brushes 😁 I am actually starting to look forward to it.

December the 2nd is the date my 9 collegues leave the company. My first goal
is to get to the end of December. That is only 12 weeks from when I intended to retire. We will see how far I get. But I am ok with it now. As everyone in the building keeps telling me. It is not my problem.

View attachment 750022

Congratulations Steve. It may have been a difficult decision but it's one you won't regret.

Beautiful bike.

pawl

Legendary Member
Came across this RSV Cold and flu like symptoms fl
Fatigue
Headache
Lack of Appetite
Cough
Temperature
Usually clears up two weeks but can take up too a month
It appears to be what I’ve got and few of us on here have been suffering with .
I found Ibuprofen tablets helped with the aching limbs
Tried Paracetamol helped to get the temperature down .
Feel better than I did but still lacking in energy Advice on the NHS website is to rest and keep hydrated See you all down th pub.

Top Bottom