The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
A good gym session done, knocked another few seconds off of my 4k on the rowing machine, I am pleased to be getting fit again.

Gunk

Guru
Sold our Golf this afternoon and it’s being collected tomorrow, just cleared 9 years of crap out of it, filled a bin bag, I’ll try to travel a bit lighter in the new one.

also spent a pleasant 45 minutes cleaning all our silver, it is a very satisfying job. I can’t remember these ever looking this clean!

image.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
Not understanding that tbh. Unless the weather reports are wrong the mountain will be empty of people with those wind speeds.

Not looking good on the webcam situated on Aonach Mor:

https://www.nevisrange.co.uk/webcams/

What route is he on?

Not a clue, it popped up on his FB page and he is not one to make up stories, hopefully he stopped at halfway and came back down.

PaulSB

Squire
Well, today didn't turn out as planned. The admin work didn't happen. However, the house is tidy, crap put away, beds changed, two washes, three loads of ironing done and tea is on the go. Gammon steak, toasties, purple sprouting and carrots.

But BIG thing happened. My knee stood up to 35 minutes physio followed by 50 minutes of working out. I am so happy about this. There's been a lot of setbacks but tonight the knee actually feels better despite taking a heavy load this morning. Magic.

#1 on the plan was a G&T. I have a G&T!!!

Good win @Dave7

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
I have load of maths books for sale £3 each or 3 for £10

Sold our Golf this afternoon and it’s being collected tomorrow, just cleared 9 years of crap out of it, filled a bin bag, I’ll try to travel a bit lighter in the new one.

also spent a pleasant 45 minutes cleaning all our silver, it is a very satisfying job. I can’t remember these ever looking this clean!

View attachment 749976

Look at all those hallmarks!

Top Bottom