The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. We had rain overnight but it’s cleared now so better get out. I’m late today as my bed was too cosy.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning,
Achy legs from my stairs session at the hospital yesterday. I have a doctor's appointment this morning for the RSV antiviral. My reminder message tells me it will be administered by the Doctor herself. There’s a small family bakery opposite so I will reward myself with an Eccles cake ( autocorrect suggested ecclesiastical cake ) if I'm a brave boy.
Sunshine predicted for the rest of the day☀️
Have a peaceful day everyone

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My thoughts will be with you.
I had to get my daughter to sort Sue's things out.
I have Sue's purse but still can't bring myself to empty it.

I still have my wife's jewellery and one jacket is hanging in a wardrobe but her wedding ring has vanished. She was not wearing it when she went to hospital as it was a bit loose and she did not want to lose it.
Searched everywhere and even began to have dark thoughts about a carer who came once a week to give me a respite break.
It is now nine years.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Took the car through to Comrie and walked from there. Mix of road and trail and a bit of out and back, as I would have come down on to the main road if I had kept going. Might be a good mountain bike bimble at some point.

Screenshot 2024-10-19 at 09.46.28.png

Dave7

Legendary Member
I still have my wife's jewellery and one jacket is hanging in a wardrobe but her wedding ring has vanished. She was not wearing it when she went to hospital as it was a bit loose and she did not want to lose it.
Searched everywhere and even began to have dark thoughts about a carer who came once a week to give me a respite break.
It is now nine years.

Sue had imo a beautiful locket that I bought her approx 1970. My daughter wears it all day now together with Sue's wedding ring.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am now getting my gob around a full English.
Egg, toast, sausage, beans, tomato, mushrooms and haloumi. Yum yum

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Horrible and sad job that. ☹️

Better doing it with someone else than on your own.

One of the things that cut me up most after mum died was looking at her diaries. She kept them for years and the final one when she ended up in hospital for her last few weeks of dying with lung cancer the writing got shakier and shakier until it was barely legible a couple of days before she died.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
One of the things that cut me up most after mum died was looking at her diaries. She kept them for years and the final one when she ended up in hospital for her last few weeks of dying with lung cancer the writing got shakier and shakier until it was barely legible a couple of days before she died.

That's a really sad post. :sad:

I'm not sure that our society has a very good relationship with death.

One of the most natural things that will ever occur to each of us, yet it leaves so much sadness behind.

I wish it could be more celebratory of a life well-lived. And definitely more celebratory than the faux nonsense of some funeral services!

Top Bottom