The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
As I won't be getting my first winter fuel payment this year, I don't think that I am losing money as such, because as I never had it, I can't really lose it.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Chicken and fries today. :hungry:

I am also thinking about chicken. Probably with green beans.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
It's only going to get worse.

I heat some people saying but pensioners will be getting Ā£460 next year, but we have post Ā£300 in the winter fuel allowance so in actually fact we will only get Ā£160, a massive Ā£3.36 or thereabouts. And those not on the full pension will get even less..

Methinks they don't like us.

Unless you are on the ā€œnew pensionā€ ie retired post 2016, you will not even get the full Ā£460 rise.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Salut tout le monde. Beautiful spring day today and Mrs G has gone to Costco in Queensferry with our son.

I was going to go for a ride but I don't like going if Mrs G is not close by, in case I have a mechanical I can't fix and no one to call for a lift home so may be later, when she is back although she did mention going to buy some paint today.

Tomorrow is a no go as we are expecting high winds and rotten weather.

To keep myself occupied, I have cleaned and oiled my Roubaix as It will hibernate now till next spring. The other 3 bikes are still being used, in rotation but 2 of them will soon join the Roubaix for the next few months.

Talking about end of life, I have always said that I wanted to be buried but I have changed my mind now and cremation it will be provided they make sure that I am well dead before the put the heat on. Couldn't care less what they will do with my ashes afterward.
I have only chosen one song so far for my funeral and working on the others. It is called " Les roses bleues" by Richard Anthony.

Top Bottom