The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning, a foggy start to the day. Mrs Tkk has a colonoscopy at 09:45, she's been on the Picolax since yesterday so not very pleasant for her. Fingers crossed we get the all clear.
Going to take up the stairs and landing carpet over the weekend in preparation for the painter and decorator on Monday.

Always a bit of a worry those, until you get the all clear.
Fingers crossed for you both.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Nice day out there - sunny, despite the forecast in the early hours of the morning saying we were to have rain today. Beyond ridiculous!

Had our late night picnic at just gone midnight, was fun & very nice.

Today. Cart Mrs SD off to the hairdressers for her usual chop job (£150) then pick up a bracelet she has just had repaired (£135) and then order a new wardrobe (£750).

That's a very quick £1035 out of the kid's inheritance. 🤑

At least that little bit won't get clobbered by predicted IHT changes on the 30th. 😡

That's the morning sorted. No plans for the pm but tonight we will have a very late overnight bash to celebrate another day of life well lived - what other excuse do you need, as every one is a bonus at this age. 🥳

Have a splendiferous day all. 🙂

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning. As always the sun is shining on the righteous people of Lancashire........which means we're immoral for 360 days of the year.....

@Tenkaykev pass on good luck wishes to Mrs TKK.

Today I should have been riding but I cancelled due to the knee. I started my exercise routine but 30 seconds into the first high knees round I had to stop.

Instead I've arranged a u3a IT session for 10.00, then it's bits and bobs till 3.00pm when I have to collect the sandwiches for tonight's club quiz. It's the 120th anniversary of the club. From what I gather the quiz is centred on 120........not sure what this is going to mean.

Onwards........

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I felt the need for a willy walk :laugh:

Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 09.25.05.png

Tenkaykev

Guru
I'm waiting for Mrs Tkk to come out of Theatre. I have discovered that there are 64 ( edited ) steps in the stairwell and have been passing the time walking up and down them. Getting some strange looks from the lady on reception as I keep passing her desk going up and down 😀

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Think I have a mild cold. Slight sore throat, sneezing, general malaise.

I'm waiting for Mrs Tkk to come out of Theatre. I have discovered that there are 64 ( edited ) steps in the stairwell and have been passing the time walking up and down them. Getting some strange looks from the lady on reception as I keep passing her desk going up and down 😀

Thinking of the 2 of you

I know how you feel - some people like to sit still when something like this is happening but I need to walk around and up and down a few flights of stairs on my own would be what I needed

Do whatever you need - the lady on reception is probably wondering if you are OK - not wondering if you are weird!!!

Hope to hear good new soon
🤗
🤗🤗🤗🤗

PaulSB

Squire
That reminds me. When I was in hospital following my RTA I knew getting up and walking was a good plan. I discovered a circuit which went right round the top floor of the hospital. I resolved to do this circuit at least once three times a day.

I met lots of new people. Some clearly thought I was bonkers. All the admin/reception staff would flag me down for a chat as I passed.

Bugger

Just opened a letter from the hospital saying that I certainly have coeliac disease

not too much of a shock as I had it as a baby (or so my parents told me!) and "grew out of it
so the possibility of it coming back to say hello was always a possibility

but a right bugger as they want me to go on a gluten free diet
which means no bread, biscuits, cake OR BEER!!!!

honestly - I might just as well go out riding my bike with no helmet on!!!!
(sorry)

anyway - SWMBO has already declared that the gravy with Christmas Dinner WILL be made with flour

apparently there are limits to how much she loves me!!!!

anyway - I have had a better look online at what it means and it is more complicated than I thought - apparently even oats can be a problem

apparently I am supposed ot have an appointment with a dietician - bit pointless if it is in 6 months time which is not impossible gievn the way things are at the moment but we shall see!

Just got an email advertising a pub up the road and its new Christmas Menu

looks about normal

They don;t mention the place's hygene rating

which was in the local press a few days ago as having been rated as ZERO!!!

zero??

how do you even do that if the manager and chef have even the slightest shed of self respect??

anyway - I have removed myself from the email list!!

Top Bottom