The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It’s been a rather fabulous day here, sunshine and 14° this afternoon, practically summer. I celebrated with a ride in shorts, I wasn’t expecting to be wearing them again this year.
Got back early afternoon, have just been listening to a few podcasts, one about foresters from Belize welcomed/not so welcomed in Scotland during the war, an episode of Scotland Outdoors from Islay, and Clare Balding’s latest Ramblings from Manchester.
It has now clouded over and is starting to spot with rain.

PaulSB

Squire
Right 'fess up........ What is your favourite drink at the Mitre ?
I am going to a local shortly and will have John Smiths Smooth.
I prefer real ale and they are constantly putting new ones on........ problem is that for me many are too bitter.
I don't go to the Mitre but in a pub my go to will be an IPA, then perhaps a local bitter, or Guinness.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Right 'fess up........ What is your favourite drink at the Mitre ?
I am going to a local shortly and will have John Smiths Smooth.
I prefer real ale and they are constantly putting new ones on........ problem is that for me many are too bitter.

Today they had an ale from the Tatton brewery called Blonde. 4.0%, and very tasty, not to bitter on the taste buds. 7 ales on though, something for everyone.

PaulSB

Squire
I enjoyed a Timothy Taylor Landlord with a large Woodmans whisky. Very nice.
Glad to hear it...........good, a step up from John Smiths. When I lived in York the only pub to serve quality John Smiths was The Bootham. A great pub with wonderful beer. The perceived wisdom was John Smiths didn't travel well and needed a landlord who knew how to look after the beer. I have to say I can't recall a decent JS since I left York more than 40 years ago.

My lad got me a bottle of Woodmans last Christmas..............cheers. Very good. I have Jamesons tonight.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
The new Joker film is excellent! Lady Gaga was good in it too.

Just booked tickets for Heretic (Hugh Grant) and one of the year's big releases: Gladiator 2. Both next month.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen!

British Gash are clucking eejuts. I have my DD fine tuned to the penny to average out perfectly across the year. That means I overpay in summer when we use little, but underpay in winter but the underpayment doesn't matter because we've built up some credit and I averages out exactly.

Well the bel lends have had a brain fart and because we've used virtually no gas over the summer they've gone and put the direct debit down, just as winter is approaching and we're about the switch the heating on.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good day to each and everyone.
A quiet day looms.
Cleaner will be here at 10.00.
I have to strip the bed and put bedding in the washer. I also have a dark wash to do.
Breckie.......
I have bought some pots of porridge to try. Instructions are basically, add boiling water, stir then leave for 4 minutes. I am not optomystic but will give it a try.

Top Bottom