The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning, a foggy start to the day. Mrs Tkk has a colonoscopy at 09:45, she's been on the Picolax since yesterday so not very pleasant for her. Fingers crossed we get the all clear.
Going to take up the stairs and landing carpet over the weekend in preparation for the painter and decorator on Monday.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning, a foggy start to the day. Mrs Tkk has a colonoscopy at 09:45, she's been on the Picolax since yesterday so not very pleasant for her. Fingers crossed we get the all clear.
Going to take up the stairs and landing carpet over the weekend in preparation for the painter and decorator on Monday.
Serious question ie not facetious..... Why do you have to take carpets up in order to decorate ? Obviously to protect them but any half decent decorator will cover them before starting.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Serious question ie not facetious..... Why do you have to take carpets up in order to decorate ? Obviously to protect them but any half decent decorator will cover them before starting.
We're having new carpet fitted once the decorating is done. Have allowed about a week for the paint to dry before the carpet gets laid. Made sense to take the old carpet out myself as there are some creaky floorboards that need fixing.

Drago

Legendary Member
Daughter #1 sent me this.

IMG-20241017-WA0000.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Coooooeeeee. 11 deg here. Might be another nice day for us.

Stay safe peeps :hello:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
A misty start to the day here.
I've got the 2nd physio appointment at the hospital at 0930, that gives me the chance to cycle up there. then the cats are going to the Vets for their yearly jabs. Following that there is another retirement do at Kings Cross as two more of the old guys hang up their keys.
So a busy kind of day today.

Top Bottom