The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning. It's looking very fresh and autumnal outside. Beautiful. A perfect day for a ride, which I had planned for this morning and tomorrow all day..........and then I went and buggered my knee! I can't quite believe it. This is the left knee, the right I smashed in the RTA. Stepped out of the back door to bring in the milk, turned with a searing pain on the side of my knee. I could barely walk for 2-3 hours. It's still very painful so I've decided to rest it for several days. I can't help but wonder what else the gods have in store for 2024? It's been a shite year of one step forward and about six back.

Canasta and Bridge group at the u3a this afternoon which I always enjoy. A good diversion from the knee. I may try an Aldi dash. We need eggs, bread, butter, biscuits ( well we don't need biscuits), ham and cheese.

And that is about it. I shall now hobble round the house to tidy all the usual stuff that needs tidying

PaulSB

Squire
Just had a lovely slow dance to this - our tune!

View: https://youtu.be/UxYJ1Flk5H4?si=-YZZy9K2a-cUEx_1

Great choice! 👏👏

PaulSB

Squire
I only found this at the weekend. R.E.M are one of my favourite bands, only got to see them once at Old Trafford cricket ground in 2005. The Zutons, another favourite, were on the bill as well. Michael Stipes was a very cool guy on stage.

It's a great clip and shows Springsteen's ability to absolutely nail a cover version.

View: https://youtu.be/BisS5JxeUW0?si=jmEPRpjGsLcpEOwR

postman

Squire
I really should consider getting out of bed, in a minute.
Be careful very careful,because it will be 9/11 and you know what happened then.(for those who don't understand,post was posted at 9/10) i will get my coat.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Good morning. It's looking very fresh and autumnal outside. Beautiful. A perfect day for a ride, which I had planned for this morning and tomorrow all day..........and then I went and buggered my knee! I can't quite believe it. This is the left knee, the right I smashed in the RTA. Stepped out of the back door to bring in the milk, turned with a searing pain on the side of my knee. I could barely walk for 2-3 hours. It's still very painful so I've decided to rest it for several days. I can't help but wonder what else the gods have in store for 2024? It's been a shite year of one step forward and about six back.

Canasta and Bridge group at the u3a this afternoon which I always enjoy. A good diversion from the knee. I may try an Aldi dash. We need eggs, bread, butter, biscuits ( well we don't need biscuits), ham and cheese.

And that is about it. I shall now hobble round the house to tidy all the usual stuff that needs tidying

Sorry to hear that Paul - definitely a year that is going against you bigtime. :sad:

SpokeyDokey

I only found this at the weekend. R.E.M are one of my favourite bands, only got to see them once at Old Trafford cricket ground in 2005. The Zutons, another favourite, were on the bill as well. Michael Stipes was a very cool guy on stage.

It's a great clip and shows Springsteen's ability to absolutely nail a cover version.

View: https://youtu.be/BisS5JxeUW0?si=jmEPRpjGsLcpEOwR

Very good.

Two of my favourite artists back in the day.

We still revisit from time to time (apart from 'our tune') which gets played, and danced to, most weeks.

SpokeyDokey

Finally crashed at 4.15am. Fab' night. Just got up. Mrs SD hiding under the duvet and not coming out for the foreseeable future.

Damp out there, yet again. Weather forecast said bone dry all day - twonks!

Today, doss, read, bit of treadmill, more dossing & reading and then Joker at the flicks followed by...

... a candlelit picnic on the floor of the front lounge at around 11pm tonight. Should be fun!

Cool runnings all!

Top Bottom