The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Oooh. Anyone is welcome here, so congratulations on reaching retirement and welcome aboard from me :hello:

I will second that.

screenman

Legendary Member
Hi Paulus, I've been on Cyclechat for donkey years, but felt it correct to request admittance to THE thread 😄

I have 10 commuting opportunities by bike left, after 48 years of cycle commuting to senior school and then work.

48 years of cycling to school, did you manage to get any GCSE's in that time.

This post is just to let you know the type of response the others on here will give you, I am the only serious person in the group.

48 years of cycling to school, did you manage to get any GCSE's in that time.

This post is just to let you know the type of response the others on here will give you, I am the only serious person in the group.

GCSEs sound very posh, we only had CSEs or "Ordinary" Levels to go for in late 70s early 80s Coventry, couldn't afford anything else.

classic33

Leg End Member
I left school in 1974 with 7 GCSE's, grade 2, and 1 O level in geography.
You were ahead of your time, GCSE's came in 14 years later.

postman

Squire
no capitals postman, hope the orange was tasty.

60 miles across to frome.
Near enough,i wish to nominate Toshiba Boy for membership.Plus one other vote from beyond the grave of a certain favourite uncle.Mr George Mee former Coldstream Guard,who went over the bridge at Nijmegem.Also worked at Frome Cottage Hospital as a maintenance man.Who sent Postman a five shillings postal order and a chocolate smokers outfit every Christmas.I will never forget even at 74.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Ladies and Gents of the Retirement thread, after 42 years and 2 months in the same industry, which I joined from school back in what feels like Victorian times, I am, finally, retiring at the end of this month.

As such, I would like to put my formal application in, that, from 1st November 2024, I am allowed to join your kind company.

Thank you (although I fully appreciate, you may not want a complete reprobate like me).

Cool!

Top Bottom