The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good afternoon all.
The rain has finally stopped.
I've had a lazy day really, an hour on the turbo I cleaned the grill pan and racks, breaking the light bulb cover as I unscrewed it. 😡 I've ordered a replacement from the Bay of E.
Then I have watched a few programmes on the iplayer.
I have just got back from todays second dog walk. And soon MrsP is off to her floristry course.
Another day in paradise.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
A neighbour In the village is going private to have a cataract done as they said it could take 18 months before they have a space for her. She is 85 and said she might not be here in 18 months so she's having it done. It will cost around £2,500.

postman

Squire
I am shopping tomorrow,slippers,i have been told to bring my dressing gown,so that manky thing will need washing this week and my slippers are not fit for purpose.Well this is The Spire at Roundhay,a private hospital one knows.Mrs P says get to shoezone for me slippers,i guess M & S is out then.

Ladies and Gents of the Retirement thread, after 42 years and 2 months in the same industry, which I joined from school back in what feels like Victorian times, I am, finally, retiring at the end of this month.

As such, I would like to put my formal application in, that, from 1st November 2024, I am allowed to join your kind company.

Thank you (although I fully appreciate, you may not want a complete reprobate like me).

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Ladies and Gents of the Retirement thread, after 42 years and 2 months in the same industry, which I joined from school back in what feels like Victorian times, I am, finally, retiring at the end of this month.

As such, I would like to put my formal application in, that, from 1st November 2024, I am allowed to join your kind company.

Thank you (although I fully appreciate, you may not want a complete reprobate like me).

Oooh. Anyone is welcome here, so congratulations on reaching retirement and welcome aboard from me :hello:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.

Welcome to the persons of economic inactivity forum.
Reprobate are especially welcome.

Top Bottom