The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen!

pawl

Legendary Member
Bit slow on the retirement and mundane this morning.Just realised I don’t usually get before 0800.Up at 0700 as Mrs p has to go to Coalville to to get GD her breakfast and ready for school .
Sod this for a game of soldiers Alfie the Cocker decided he wanted his breakfast and do what ten week old puppies do first thin in the morning.💤💤💤
Edit
Has been fast asleep in his crate for the last hour.

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow retirees.
It's cold, grey and raining out there at the moment.
It'll be a soggy first dog walk this morning.
The second bin lorry is just coming down our road.
I'll have to set the turbo up in the shed and have an hour on that. I'm past going out on the bike in the rain for the fun of it.

Good morning, I still haven't turned on the heating yet, moved here in May. Thermostat is saying 16 atm,

pawl

Legendary Member
G'day Cobbers.
Dry here today.
Not a clue what I am doing today.

CONKERS!!!
Apparently they held the world conker comp' in the UK this weekend.
I used to love playing conkers and tried all the tricks eg bake in oven, soak in venegar etc
Ahhh them were the days.

They were indeed,I still remember the pain when my opponent missed my conker and hit my knuckles.I’m sure it was a deliberate ploy

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I do feel the cold (always have, since childhood) so I have my heating on from when I awake.
Wish I didnt need it but a not prepared to sit here feeling cold.

Same here. I seem to have a very narrow band of temperature that I am comfortable at and struggle with both heat and cold.

It was only just above freezing when I did my walk. Thermal tights and cosy padded jacket required.

I'm off to the cemetery in a while

no I have not decided to just give up - the Food Bank office is there and the treasurer wants to talk to me about something computery

trying to decided whether to cycle or drive

should cycle but I have been feeling rubbish the last day or 2 - possibly COvid/Flu jabs
but maybe a short cycle will get some blood flowing and perk my system up??

dunno - also have something to pick up from Screwfix
(insert compulsory joke about brothels here) later and it wont; fit in a back pack so I might have to drive anyway

Top Bottom