The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning all, sunny and dry here in mid Norfolk, very rare for me to lay in bed, didn't rise till eight! Off to walk Dexter, then fuel myself for a 2-3 hour ride. Going to cook some venison in red wine later, will probably finish the rest of the bottle.

Not had venison for many years.
I used to work odd days in Glasgow and on the way back would call in a small 'place' to buy some. It was always tasty and tender.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Around these parts when the do a diversion they have to use equivalent roads, so A road closure they have to use A road diversion, B road closure B road only diversion, there are often shorter routes using alternatives. Which of course some vehicles cannot use.

There are lots of back roads, but everyone will be using those, tractors, lorries, cars, vans and most are single track so it will be nightmare

PaulSB

Squire

PaulSB

Squire
Hail, my friends. Are we all well? I have another confession.......I'm still in bed. Regular readers will know this is highly unusual. I didn't feel like getting up so made coffee and have spent the last couple of hours dealing with the admin I had scheduled for later. Very productive. Shortly I will rise, do my workout routine and then head up to the allotment for a few hours.

Waitrose. Hmmmmm..................they do a damn good chicken, bacon and leek pie. Last night's tea was very good with a few homegrown potatoes and Aldi green beans. Yummy

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
There is going to be a 70 mile diversion from 31st October to 20th December on the busiest Road in Wales due to a collapsed road. 70 miles for gods sake for 7 weeks. Absolutely ridiculous. So if u want to shop in Newtown, that will be a drive of 140 miles round trip. I don't think so

https://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/news/24648064.a470-road-closure-70-mile-diversion-fix-wall/

I remember a few years ago, there was a collapse road in Japan due to a land slide. It was repaired in 3 days. May be they should use the same workforce they used in Japan to repair yours.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I remember a few years ago, there was a collapse road in Japan due to a land slide. It was repaired in 3 days. May be they should use the same workforce they used in Japan to repair yours.

It's ridiculous. In fact more than ridiculous. The road has been down to 1 Lane for 2 years with traffic lights while they argue and ignored it. If they had fixed it in the beginning it would have taken a few days, abd cost a fraction of what it will now, plus businesses in newtown are going to lose a shed load of money from lost business in the run up to Christmas. And to be honest, once people go elsewhere, they tend not to go back.

Top Bottom