The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all, it is nice and warm here, which could be because I am still in bed. A gym session followed by a swim in an outdoor pool this afternoon are my only plans for the day so far.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Yep, cold here. Max of 9° forecast.
Nothing planned for the day so a day of TV sport looms.
I did my curry yesterday. 2 portions with the idea of having one today with rice and t'other tomorrow with chips. However, daughter has decreed that she is doing a Sunday roast so one portion will go in the freezer.

screenman

Legendary Member
There is going to be a 70 mile diversion from 31st October to 20th December on the busiest Road in Wales due to a collapsed road. 70 miles for gods sake for 7 weeks. Absolutely ridiculous. So if u want to shop in Newtown, that will be a drive of 140 miles round trip. I don't think so

https://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/news/24648064.a470-road-closure-70-mile-diversion-fix-wall/

Around these parts when the do a diversion they have to use equivalent roads, so A road closure they have to use A road diversion, B road closure B road only diversion, there are often shorter routes using alternatives. Which of course some vehicles cannot use.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Off to a garage sale, just up the road, before we have a walk on Staple Plain. Lunch booked at the Railway Inn.

I was just debating whether to have a bacon and egg sarnie when my SiL did me scrambled egg on toast.
Later we are having Brei plus Shropshire Blue cheese with crackers.
Shropshire Blue - my favourite cheese. :hungry:
A start is some eye contact and a sincere hello, if you can’t do that then you’re in the wrong job.
I did 3 years as a commission only salesman back in the early 80s.
Many a time I've cold called a shop, met an initial hostile response and then walked out with a decent sale. I learned a lot about human nature in those 3 years.

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Yep, cold here. Max of 9° forecast.
Nothing planned for the day so a day of TV sport looms.
I did my curry yesterday. 2 portions with the idea of having one today with rice and t'other tomorrow with chips. However, daughter has decreed that she is doing a Sunday roast so one portion will go in the freezer.I

Lucky guy, I seem to have been abandoned here, only two meals done for me in seven months, despite all the promise back in March. Pam used to be the family feeder, my weekly shop has dropped from around £160++ a week to £35.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Around these parts when the do a diversion they have to use equivalent roads, so A road closure they have to use A road diversion, B road closure B road only diversion, there are often shorter routes using alternatives. Which of course some vehicles cannot use.

Welshie will correct me If i am wrong but where she lives there is really only the one key road.
Years ago we got caught in the floods around Beddgelert. That road was cut off, going the other direction it was blocked by a landslide.
Our diversion, over the mountains, must have been 70+ plus miles.

gbb

Squire
A moderately bright morning here, 5C, woke up at 7.30. My wife is a tad better today, but still tired and achy, if I didn't know better I'd say she had a real bad flu.
So another busy day , clean up, got to go out to get potatoes, eggs, bread, I'm sure the list will grow...prepare Sunday lunch and on with the day..
Wife is so unwell, she doesn't think she's going to make it to court tomorrow for the girls SGO rubber stamping (hopefully).

Life is tough at the moment, it's fairly relentless...

Where you from Classic ? That's something we used to say, 'I'll sithi' ( 'see ya later' kind of thing) in Notts in the 70s

Top Bottom