The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Coooooeeee. 10 deg and soggy here.

Who has been a naughty person then? It's the naughty corner for you then :laugh:

Stay safe peeps :hello:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning, wide awake at 3am and dozed off just before 6😮.
Collecting granddaughter from school this afternoon, weather is looking good for today so we will walk back instead of getting the bus.
I’ve been invited for an anti pneumonia jab, evidently it is a one off that gives immunity for life.
In other news I have splashed out on some new " ear pods ", I often listen to podcasts if I'm going for a long walk, and wear either one ear pod or some surprisingly good bone conduction earphones. The new ones supposedly also work as hearing aids for mild to moderate hearing loss, I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has experience of both.

screenman

Legendary Member
The small cinema in our local Arts Centre has just announced " Silver Screenings " Films start at 11:00 am with complementary tea / coffee / biscuits beforw the screening. One of the films on offer is " Thelma " about a 93 year old who is scammed and sets out across town to get her money back.

View attachment 748474

I can see a problem here, tea before the film, I hope it is a short one for some oldies.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
OW!!!! The back of my legs are still stinging after being slapped by the mods. ^_^ mind you, it was half expected and they were quite gentle.

Last night was interesting. I was feeling hungry but no desire to prepare anything when the family told me they had just taken delivery of a mix of Indian meals........ It was very welcome.
I went with dupiaza with rice and nan bread.
No idea what is happening today......except rain.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Morning all.
OW!!!! The back of my legs are still stinging after being slapped by the mods. ^_^ mind you, it was half expected and they were quite gentle.

Last night was interesting. I was feeling hungry but no desire to prepare anything when the family told me they had just taken delivery of a mix of Indian meals........ It was very welcome.

You're just a rebel at heart, my reply got deleted as well :sad:

pawl

Legendary Member
Morning all.
OW!!!! The back of my legs are still stinging after being slapped by the mods. mind you, it was half expected and they were quite gentle.

The Indian meal you consumed last night may have a say on your day’s activities.

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Top Bottom